PDA

View Full Version : 1 bucket wash method

Pages : [1] 2

dennis hiip
04-27-2017, 08:54 PM
I just watched a YouTube video by Forensic Detailing. He hose rinses a short nap mitt after each panel. Shows how it keeps mitt cleaner and safer for paint and how this is better than the trusted 2 bucket method.

custmsprty
04-27-2017, 09:09 PM
And since you are in Kalifornia how would that work for you? Water restrictions? I could see you out there blasting a mit with a free flowing hose and all that water running down the street and your neighbbors looking at you :props:

The 2 Bucket method is a time tested and proven method and this person is, well I'll just leave it at this :bash:

mcochris
04-27-2017, 09:10 PM
Even better, use a separate MF towel per section. That way, a used towel is never used twice.

Sent from my ME302C using Tapatalk

PaulMys
04-27-2017, 09:20 PM
Even better, use a separate MF towel per section. That way, a used towel is never used twice.

Sent from my ME302C using Tapatalk

I use 2 bucket with grit guards, and 3 mitts on my Ram. One for the topsides, and one for each bottom sides.

FUNX650
04-27-2017, 09:24 PM
"What has been, will be again; what
has been done, will be done again;
there is nothing new under the Sun."
~Ecclesiastes 1:9

I washed vehicles this way for decades;
Nowadays...not so much.

Bob

PaulMys
04-27-2017, 09:33 PM
"What has been, will be again; what
has been done, will be done again;
there is nothing new under the Sun."
~Ecclesiastes 1:9

I washed vehicles this way for decades;
Nowadays...not so much.

Bob

Just what makes Ecclesiastes such an authority on the 1:9 ratio??

Huh Bob?? HUH?????

Eldorado2k
04-27-2017, 09:50 PM
And since you are in Kalifornia how would that work for you? Water restrictions? I could see you out there blasting a mit with a free flowing hose and all that water running down the street and your neighbbors looking at you :props:

I'm in California and that's how I bucket wash vehicles. [minus the free flowing water hose]
Neighbors looking at me? Pfft... If anyone's seriously butthurt about someone else on their block using their own water hose, then they really need to get a life.

custmsprty
04-27-2017, 09:53 PM
I'm in California and that's how I bucket wash vehicles. [minus the free flowing water hose]
Neighbors looking at me? Pfft... If anyone's seriously butthurt about someone else on their block using their own water hose, then they really need to get a life.

Kalifornia?

fly07sti
04-27-2017, 09:55 PM
I use his method a lot. FWIW, no more water restrictions here in Cali.

custmsprty
04-27-2017, 09:55 PM
Just what makes Ecclesiastes such an authority on the 1:9 ratio??

Huh Bob?? HUH?????

Bob's meds have recently run out :confused::confused::confused:

Here's a prime example:

•J&M...a good choice in leather
dress shoes. With that said:

•I wonder if J&M uses a (natural)
vegetable-tanning process; or,
a (synthetic) chrome-tanning
process...for their shoe leathers?

-That would be the basis of my
decision to use Perl, or not, on
these leather dress shoes.

Bob
:rolleyes::confused::rolleyes::confused::doh::doh: :goodjob2::dunno:

PaulMys
04-27-2017, 10:01 PM

Eldo thumbing his nose at the man! Lol

Honestly though, a water wash (and yes, I've metered it) is around 12 gallons. (Two buckets, plus/soak rinse.)

Small amount compared to say a leaky toilet flapper which can waste up to 80 gallons of water over a months time.

Eldorado2k
04-27-2017, 10:14 PM
Eldo thumbing his nose at the man! Lol

Btw I'm outside as we speak testing out my new quik connect for my hose & nozzle... And if any of the neighbors got a problem with it then they better be skipping showers or something crazier than me simply washing my dang car. Lol.

dennis hiip
04-27-2017, 10:17 PM
This guy uses short nap faux wool mitts from China (on ebay) that cost less than $1.50 each. I'm going to get a half dozen or so and forego the hosing. Just use a clean mitt each panel.

Eldorado2k
04-27-2017, 10:18 PM
This guy uses short nap faux wool mitts from China (on ebay) that cost less than $1.50 each. I'm going to get a half dozen or so and forego the hosing. Just use a clean mitt each panel.
*nods*

FUNX650
04-27-2017, 11:10 PM
Bob's meds have recently run out :confused::confused::confused:

Here's a prime example:

•J&M...a good choice in leather
dress shoes. With that said:

•I wonder if J&M uses a (natural)
vegetable-tanning process; or,
a (synthetic) chrome-tanning
process...for their shoe leathers?

-That would be the basis of my
decision to use Perl, or not, on
these leather dress shoes.

Bob
:rolleyes::confused::rolleyes::confused::doh::doh: :goodjob2::dunno:
Apparently it has yet to totally dawn upon
you that deciphering data, and perceiving
patterns, are a couple of my strong suits.

Bob