PDA

View Full Version : Klasse AIO, HGSG,Pinnacle Souverän Paste Wax, and Wolfgang instant Detail Spritz Direction?

Pages : [1] 2

Chadg1516
04-27-2017, 07:01 AM
Good Morning Fellas,
I have been interested in the high end car care products for a while and finally took the plunge after researching for a while on what would work best for my situation/application and ended up with the products in the title. I called the person that usually details my families vehicles and sent her the Klasse Application Guide, she said it would be no problem to use those products. I have read the guides and reviews and forum postings but still have a few questions regarding getting the most out of these products. I was wondering if someone would share their experience with the best way to apply these products in detail.
There is no mention of a 'set in' time for the AIO. Is it okay to go directly from that to the HGSG then?
Should one wait 8-12 hours after the last coat of HGSG has been applied and removed before applying the Souveran Wax?
The 8-12 hours starts after buffing? Is there any advantage to letting the application set in before buffing?
The vehicles being detailed have had nothing but normal liquid wax applied in the past and it is most certainly worn off of all but the brand new pick up(this will be the first detail for this vehicle)...How many coats of HGSG should I ask for? At what point does it diminish?

Thank you,

Chad

Setec Astronomy
04-27-2017, 07:09 AM
First of all, in my opinion you are overthinking this a bit. Secondly, if you are having your vehicles detailed by someone else, for money, it's highly unlikely that they will be willing to approach it as some of us might in our personal garage with our own time with multiple layers and wait periods, etc.

Usually you go right from the KAIO to the KSG, without waiting. Usually the wax topper would be something applied after the next weekly wash. Keep in mind that Souveran is unlikely to last more than a month, although it should look great for a few weeks.

You can try "asking" for multiple coats/layers of KSG...not sure you are really going to get, both from the standpoint of if the person is really going to do it, and how much of the previous application may be removed due to short wait times. Anecdotally you CAN layer KSG quite a bit and get some real advantages to that...I haven't tried that (or even used SG) in a long time, so I may be the wrong person to ask.

fightnews
04-27-2017, 07:44 AM
I'd skip the klasse sealant glaze and get a good paint sealant. Use in the order you wrote it

brettS4
04-27-2017, 08:04 AM
I'm not sure why anyone uses Klasse at all anymore. Not to say that it's bad stuff, but there are so many good AIOs and sealants that are better/easier these days. I always hated removing KAIO.

But Setec is absolutely right. And from my past experience with Klasse, KSG maxes out around 2-3 layers. No noticeable difference after two layers (and only a slight improvement with the second layer).

Chadg1516
04-27-2017, 08:12 AM
Thanks Guys,
I guess my research was not that thorough after all...dang.
If there is a upside...I did not order the jumbo bottles. I'll use what I have for this go around and try some different products next time.
So what is recommended these days, Wolfgang Polish enhancer and Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0?

Setec Astronomy
04-27-2017, 08:27 AM
I'm not sure why anyone uses Klasse at all anymore. Not to say that it's bad stuff, but there are so many good AIOs and sealants that are better/easier these days. I always hated removing KAIO.

I'm not sure what it is about the store site, but newbs always seem drawn to Klasse, and I always ask why. As you said it was good stuff, and still is, but it's a bit finicky. I remember applying KAIO by machine and using a bit much (pad got saturated) and getting some buildup on panel edges that I didn't notice till later when it was like concrete.

And from my past experience with Klasse, KSG maxes out around 2-3 layers. No noticeable difference after two layers (and only a slight improvement with the second layer).

I think Accumulator on the other forum would argue you need 5 or 6 layers to fully appreciate SG.

FUNX650
04-27-2017, 09:08 AM
I'd skip the klasse sealant glaze
and get a good paint sealant.
Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze
is a paint Sealant.

Good is, IMO, a subjective adjective.

Bob

brettS4
04-27-2017, 10:02 AM
Guess I never had the patience to go to 5 layers with KSG. But then, with the amount of effort it took to remove, one layer was enough. I switched to Souveran after that and the heavens parted and my eyes were opened. :)

Chadg1516, I don't mean to knock Klasse and it's not like you wasted your money. But that stuff is chemistry from 20 years ago. The whole industry has changed in recent years. It's really hard to suggest other products without knowing what car model and color you have. The model will give us an idea how hard the paint is, and the color will suggest specific sealants or waxes.

Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant (WG DGPS) is an excellent product that a lot of us here use. It will work with basically any car and is very easy to use.

Polish Enhancer is more of a cleaning product (but not a swirl remover) that you use to clean up paint after all the polishing is done. My understanding is that it isn't used a whole lot. Generally we use a polishing compound for removing swirls and then go straight to a sealant or wax (after a quick wipe down). PPE would be used in between polishing and sealant in the 'wipe down' stage, but using a product for that isn't really necessary.

Btw, excellent choice on Souveran wax. That's about as good as it gets for a final topping. Unfortunately it doesn't hold up very long (a month, max). But it looks awesome for a couple weeks. If you have lighter metallic paint I'd suggest you try Wolfgang Fuzion, too.

Setec Astronomy
04-27-2017, 10:08 AM
Guess I never had the patience to go to 5 layers with KSG. But then, with the amount of effort it took to remove, one layer was enough.

I haven't used it in ages, but the secret was to apply it like a WOWA, in a whisper-thin layer that basically disappeared. Then you were really only left with some high spots to remove...of course getting it thin like that could be a challenge depending on the color of the car and the lighting.

The Klasse products were a great hand-application duo...maybe not so much if you were doing machine polishing.

brettS4
04-27-2017, 10:18 AM
My very first detail on my nearly new brilliant black Audi was with Klasse AIO. I did the entire car by hand and of course put it on too thick. That's probably why I hate Klasse so much! LOL. But it was good stuff (for its time) and I used KAIO and KSG for several years.

FUNX650
04-27-2017, 10:55 AM
I don't mean to knock Klasse and
it's not like you wasted your money.

But that stuff is chemistry from 20
years ago. The whole industry has
changed in recent years.

My very first detail on my nearly new
brilliant black Audi was with Klasse AIO.

it was good stuff (for its time)...
•Is it being "acrylic" that makes you say,
that Klasse and it's Chemistry is so passé?

•Didn't Ultima, fairly recently, come out
with their Acrylic Waterless Wash?

-What do you think about Ultima
using such "outdated" Chemistry?

Bob

brettS4
04-27-2017, 11:42 AM
When did I say "outdated"?

Altho I suppose that might be like comparing a two bucket and hose washing and a rinseless wash. Both work. One is a bit easier than the other.

fightnews
04-27-2017, 11:46 AM
•Is it being "acrylic" that makes you say,
that Klasse and it's Chemistry is so passé?

•Didn't Ultima, fairly recently, come out
with their Acrylic Waterless Wash?

-What do you think about Ultima
using such "outdated" Chemistry?

Bob

Chemical guys just released some acrylic glazes. What about wax, is that frowned upon for being old chemistry? I've had it with these coating snobs

FUNX650
04-27-2017, 12:36 PM
When did I say "outdated"?

Semantics---you also didn't
say passé.

Altho I suppose that might be like
comparing a two bucket and hose
washing and a rinseless wash.
Both work. One is a bit easier than
the other.
What's your point in posting
this deflection?

Bob

Chadg1516
04-27-2017, 12:38 PM
Thanks for all the replies and discussion guys. I appreciate that you took some time for this.
My first thoughts were..."well, I guess it is no longer 'the forum favorite'" that and the way it is reviewed in the store may well be why myself and other noobs are drawn to it. The write up for the wolfgang/klasse combo is pretty enticing also.
Well, I had to start somewhere.
My vehicles are:
2013 Infiniti FX-50 Umbria Twilight paint that spends most of its time in a heated garage
2017 Nissan Frontier Glacier White that will have to stay outside and will be on gravel roads daily.