PDA

View Full Version : New F150

Titan2014
04-27-2017, 02:55 AM
So about 5 weeks ago I went and picked up a 2017 Ford F150 Crew Cab. Big upgrade from the Titan. I do have a few questions though. I have noticed at night when going under street lights or if the sun hits the windshield just right you can see what looks like if you drove through a spider web. I have cleaned the windows and looks good for a while then it looks like they show back up. Are these scratches in the windshield or a defect in the windshield. My finger nail does not get hung in any them. Next thing I keep the truck clean from bugs, bird poop and sap but I noticed a couple weeks about this brown spot on my hood I have used CG V polish/compound with no luck its smooth as can be but its like the stain is under the clear coat in the paint. Is it a defect or some how it go stained ? While doing a search I did see from 2007 a guy had a spot like this and was told it was from water getting under the clear coat from the plastic wrap. He used a hair dryer and got it out.

Toolhead
04-27-2017, 07:40 AM
i wouldnt touch it and bring it back to your dealer..

the factory warranty if bumper to bumper, should also include paint defects..

i had a mid 2000s camry which had a paint defect which showed after a few years, brought it back to dealer and they had it painted/ body shop work...

that said, for such a small spot, if the only recommendation is sanding/ bodywork, repaint.. it would be your decision if you want to lose your factory paint on a few panels to resolve such a small spot..

good luck