PDA

View Full Version : Help with best wax, sealant/wax combo

MoBenzOwner
11-29-2007, 12:10 PM
First of all I am not a professional detailer. I like to think I do have a pretty decent amount of knowledge and do a pretty fair job on my own vehicle details. I would however like to draw upon the knowledge of the many posters here with far greater knowledge and experience than I have. With looks being valued over durability, what would your choices for either waxes or combination sealants/waxes be for for the following vehicles and their respective colors. P.S. - I am pretty set on polishes with having menzerna sip and nano, and xmt 360. The waxes I have or have on the way is soveran and collinite fleet 885(i know, surely not a beauty wax). Sealants I have is WG dgps, 4* UPP, and kaio & ksg. I would gladly buy any additional products which might yeild better results (AG carried products only please).

2006 e350 mercedes in Flint Grey (currently collonite fleet over opti-seal refreshed every 2 weeks with dg aquawax)

2007 Lacrosse in Black (currently KAIO/KSG refreshed every 2 weeks with ocw)

Thanks everyone for your input.

wytstang
11-29-2007, 12:32 PM
Souveran on black to beautify it,does that fint grey have flakes? If so SS II or MaxWax would be my choice.

MoBenzOwner
11-29-2007, 12:40 PM
Souveran on black to beautify it,does that fint grey have flakes? If so SS II or MaxWax would be my choice.

It is actually flint grey metallic. I beleive the flake content in this paint is however pretty low. Perhaps I just have it muted??? Thanks for the input.
Kevin

wytstang
11-29-2007, 12:48 PM
If it's Metallic then SS II would be my choice it looked great on Dark Metallic Blue
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/wytstang/SigIIandCollar/IMG_0072Medium.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/wytstang/SigIIandCollar/IMG_0071Medium.jpg
They may have been muted, what is the car wearing?

Jimmie
11-29-2007, 01:19 PM
You've got the good stuff. I agree with wytstang on the Souveran on the black maybe as a topper to the 4*UPP (just take a look at Killr's black Vette).

ScottB
11-29-2007, 01:23 PM
UPP and Pinnacle Paste (either Souveran or Sig Series II)

MoBenzOwner
11-29-2007, 03:49 PM
Thanks all for the input