PDA

View Full Version : Detailers Pride

Mike Burke
04-26-2017, 01:23 PM
Hello, I have been away for a while ( from the site anyway) still detailing :xyxthumbs:

I was looking for the Detailers Pride brand...I like their interior cleaner and protectant. Last time I bought a gallon now its running low
Looking to get some more but couldn't find the DP brand ??

What happened to DP and what other brand took it over ?
And...what other brand would work as good as DP ?

Thanks
Mike

VISITOR
04-26-2017, 01:25 PM
DP is now ---> McKee's 37 Waxes, Coatings, Compounds, exceptional car care, professional detailing products (http://www.autogeek.net/detailers-pride.html)

Setec Astronomy
04-26-2017, 01:25 PM
I'll sneak in here before Mike and tell you that line was renamed McKee's 37.

EDIT: Well, I got here before Mike but not before Visitor.

Mike Burke
04-26-2017, 01:42 PM
Thanks to both of you :xyxthumbs:

PA DETAILER
04-27-2017, 06:51 AM
The DP paint sealant was and still is one of my favorite sealants. Has the prep bonding agent right in it. For a one-step it is fantastic! Protection and looks are hard to beat. The new Mckess 37 line is one great line up. Every product I have used as been outstanding.

Mc Kees interior surface protectant is still the best for me. Been using it forever. No need to change.

McKee's 37 Interior Surface Protectant is a multi-surface shield for your vehicle’s interior. In addition to protectants, McKee's 37 Interior Surface (http://www.autogeek.net/dp380.html)

Desertnate
04-27-2017, 08:02 AM
The DP paint sealant was and still is one of my favorite sealants. Has the prep bonding agent right in it. For a one-step it is fantastic! Protection and looks are hard to beat. The new Mckess 37 line is one great line up. Every product I have used as been outstanding.

Mc Kees interior surface protectant is still the best for me. Been using it forever. No need to change.

McKee's 37 Interior Surface Protectant is a multi-surface shield for your vehicle’s interior. In addition to protectants, McKee's 37 Interior Surface (http://www.autogeek.net/dp380.html)

Another vote for the product.

I've used a few interior protectants to include 303 Aerospace, but the McKee's 37 is quickly becoming my favorite. I like it more each time I use it.

Setec Astronomy
04-27-2017, 09:44 AM
Another vote for the product.

I've used a few interior protectants to include 303 Aerospace, but the McKee's 37 is quickly becoming my favorite. I like it more each time I use it.

The blurb for that product says it's silicone free...so it's nothing like 303?

Desertnate
04-27-2017, 10:16 AM
The blurb for that product says it's silicone free...so it's nothing like 303?

I don't know enough about the chemistry of the products and how they work on a surface to know the difference at that level, but from a user experience I find them to be quite different.

When I applied 303, I would notice very little difference between the areas where it had been applied and those that weren't covered. Over time, they never looked aged or sun faded so I knew it was doing it's job. I did have to be really careful with the amount applied to prevent streaking on some plastic, and it always needed to be buffed off to keep from being oily or slick.

The McKee's product behaves very different. When applied it really darkens black surfaces whether they are sealed leather, rubber, vinyl, or plastic and gives them this nice, brand-new healthy look. I've found that if I put in on light enough, I don't have any streaking issues, rarely have to buff anything off, and it is never shiny or slick.

On a light colored interior, someone may never notice the difference between the two, but I noticed a difference on black with the first swipe.

Setec Astronomy
04-27-2017, 10:18 AM
So the McKee's is not a white liquid like the 303?

Desertnate
04-27-2017, 11:23 AM
So the McKee's is not a white liquid like the 303?

I've never seen it in a clear bottle and I normally use white MF towels when applying, but I'd say it's white or gray-ish white from what I remember when I put the spray head in the bottle. I'd also say it's a touch thicker than 303.

Desertnate
05-01-2017, 10:28 AM
I've never seen it in a clear bottle and I normally use white MF towels when applying, but I'd say it's white or gray-ish white from what I remember when I put the spray head in the bottle. I'd also say it's a touch thicker than 303.

Just an update in case anyone cares.

I used this product again this weekend and took note of the color/consistency. It is actually clear/slightly opaque and thicker than 303. Since I've only seen it in solid colored bottles and sprayed it onto a towel, I never gave the actual product a good look.

Setec Astronomy
05-01-2017, 10:35 AM
Thanks for the update, sounds like an interesting product. If I didn't already have a gazillion products I'd try it out.