PDA

View Full Version : Washing MF towels

Pages : [1] 2

kellyinkc
07-01-2006, 12:22 PM
How do you all wash them? I use hot water and ERA. Then dry on low to medium.
No fabric softner.

abrcrombe
07-01-2006, 12:27 PM
I use warm water and http://www.autogeek.net/pin620.html. Dry on no heat, takes a long time...:(

BTW... what does ERA mean? (in detailing) :)

kellyinkc
07-01-2006, 12:43 PM
ERA is laundry soap made by Procter and Gamble. Is it not available out west?

Meghan
07-01-2006, 12:53 PM
I use warm water and http://www.autogeek.net/pin620.html. Dry on no heat, takes a long time...:(

BTW... what does ERA mean? (in detailing) :)
:iagree:

Reddwarf
07-01-2006, 12:55 PM
I almost ordered the Pinnacle MF cleaner then I spoted the Micro-Restore MF cleaner (http://www.autogeek.net/mr32.html). Way chaper especially because its on sale. I used it last night on a load of MF and it seems to work well I have some that are really stained so I need to presoak them for a while before putting them in the washer. I just ran them in the washer with the cleaner on cold/cold and them air dried them.

Would washing them in hot water be better?

joe.p
07-01-2006, 12:55 PM
Any liquid detergent for clothes nothing with a softner. some use liquid tide,cheer etc. No heat as mention above it's better to line dry them if you can..

kellyinkc
07-01-2006, 01:05 PM
I'll try air drying. Sometimes I use Woolite.
Laundry is laundry. Hot water just cleans better IMHO.

Meghan
07-01-2006, 01:05 PM
These pictures are one's we did at Jason's house....about a year ago!
We grabbed all of his Microfibers after detailing his dirty truck and threw them in his washer (his wife was happy about this). :o Put a little shot of Pinnacle Micro Rejuventor and set it to cold and ran the washer. No pre soaking, no spot removers, nothing just Micro Rejuvenator and the Kenmore!:D
True testiment to an awesome MF cleaner.
http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/autogeek/beforeafter.jpeg
This product gets my stamp of approval, for sure!!! :applause:

kellyinkc
07-01-2006, 01:10 PM
Methinks I'll try it! :cheers: And use the special code for the 4th of July!

abrcrombe
07-01-2006, 01:13 PM
I just never heard of ERA. They probably sell it. I am only 19 and know nothing about buying laundry detergent and such. I just go to the store and buy the stuff my mom wants.

Meghan - How MUCH of the Pinnacle stuff did you put in the washer? Also, I have noticed mine did not come out that nice. Do you think it is because the stains/dirt were more set in, or could I possibly not have used enough? The stuff works great, but my results were not as good as the picture. Obviously this compares to detailing as a whole, the right technique helps.

Meghan
07-01-2006, 01:13 PM
Methinks I'll try it! :cheers:
Kelly if you try it and dont like it, you can call me personally and gripe, I will even listen :p

scooterguitar
07-01-2006, 01:28 PM
I been using the XMT cleaner for tough spots, let soak in bucket with TLF, then rinse, then washing machine with detergent, been working well.

kellyinkc
07-01-2006, 01:42 PM
Kelly if you try it and dont like it, you can call me personally and gripe, I will even listen :p
All RIGHT! ;) That's customer service!
Have a big shade tree to wash the car under. I have two large oak trees. Main problem is my car sits outside and gets sap and birds like to do bomb runs on it.:D
Out washing now, so hot it almost dried before I got it hand dried.
Gonna top Megs 21 that I have on it with #16. Hope it pops.

ScottB
07-01-2006, 01:47 PM
if you are using detergents you need to add vinegar to really help break down the grime. Also consider that if it contains any softners then you are likely to harm your micro's ability to pickup water. So ...

do yourself a favor and use one simple bottle that does all the work for you. Microrestore and Pinnacle products are great, very concentrated, and even a fool can run the machine with it. (ok, I still dont know how to run them)

belcherm58
07-01-2006, 02:56 PM
I use Era and I also add about a 1/4 cup of Orange Blast APC. It works great
and it gets even the real dirty towels clean. A half gallon of the Orange Blast is about $4.50 at Wally World. I have not use the MF soaps yet. I might have to throw some on my next order.