PDA

View Full Version : Knee Injury

Jaretr1
04-24-2017, 11:16 AM
I usually have good ideas. Three weeks ago I had a bad one. Attempted to play basketball with some kid cousins while visiting family in Virginia Beach. Jumped up, came down, and my left knee buckled outward. Tore my LCL, MCL, ACL, and Meniscus. Hey I believe if your going to do something, might as well do it all the way! Never in my 44 years of life had I ever had a bad injury, minor scrapes, minor sprains, a few very minor fractures, but nothing major. I knew as I came down, before I even hit the ground it was bad. After I stood up and took a few steps and my knee gave out, talk about a weird feeling. Im basically pain free right now though, which is really strange considering how much damage there is to my knee. There is also quite a bit of instability, which I have not really tested as I dont dare walk around without a knee brace. I have never not had confidence in my body, but now all of a sudden, that has changed. Ill find out next week if I need surgery or can rehab through therapy. Hoping the latter.

Tying this back to detailing...since this happened, I havent touched my cars. Since I can move around, albeit slowly without pain, this Sunday morning I was going to give my cars, and myself some car care therapy. Of course Sunday was the day the skies opened ALL day. We badly needed the rain though. Hopefully Ill get to a car sometime this week or this weekend. If ever I need to get lost for an hour or so in some car care therapy, now is the time.

Thank goodness I am not a professional detailer as I would be out of work. And also, thank goodness I have employer provided health care. Im seeing one of the best orthopedic surgeons in Miami, so at least I have that going for me.

Recovery, however it shapes is going to be a long process, but I can assure you, as long as I can stand, and limp, my cars will get taken care of!

Ugh!