PDA

View Full Version : 219mph on a Phoenix freeway

Pages : [1] 2

hispeed
11-28-2007, 06:48 PM
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: Video shows Lamborghini going 219 mph on Loop 202 - ABC15.com: Phoenix, Arizona News, Weather, Radar, Breaking News, Traffic and Web Cams (http://www.abc15.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=b925c5c7-3f6a-47b7-9b18-d5238bcbf048)
Check out this video & tell us what you think.
I'm moving back to the part of Phoenix where these a$$holes were "playing" .
My wife & myself will be driving that same stretch of road soon.
I'd like to take a ball bat to the drivers and dowse the car in gas & torch it.
Here's the raw video: Breitbart.tv » Raw: Lamborghini LP640 Hits 219 MPH on Phoenix Freeway (http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=8726)

Kelso
11-28-2007, 07:18 PM
lol.... your name is hispeed....

but honestly, they were doing this on a stretch of road thta was nearly abandoned at that time and when cars were around they slowed down. its not like they were racing through traffic.
im just saying, they werent being stupid about it, im not oging to lie ive hit 140 plenty of times and ridden in a car at 170 on public roads. yes its unsafe to the people in the car but nobody else was in danger here

hispeed
11-28-2007, 07:43 PM

but honestly, they were doing this on a stretch of road thta was nearly abandoned at that time and when cars were around they slowed down. its not like they were racing through traffic.
im just saying, they werent being stupid about it, im not oging to lie ive hit 140 plenty of times and ridden in a car at 170 on public roads. yes its unsafe to the people in the car but nobody else was in danger here

Hispeed was my radio call sign...in the air...
"when cars were around they slowed down"
What do you figure they slowed down to. 120,150?
" they werent being stupid about it"
I won't even reply to that one.

Surfer
11-28-2007, 07:47 PM
I know where it came from, he's staying low, but wasn't 219, more like 198 lol :D Lambo's have speedo's that are way off. Not saying anything further :) . This is why you have to be careful with video's and why even in the Viper having fun never did a vid, cops get wind of it, they'll track down the person. Reminds me of Japan, F40 owner went balls out on the highway with traffic with a video recorder inside, the video got around, eventually cops tracked down the owner and arrested him.

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
11-28-2007, 07:48 PM
Complete idiots to do this on a public road, as said above even when they "slowed down" they were still putting other peoples lives in danger...

These guys are perfect candidates for natural selection, my only hope is they dont take others down in the process..

Gary Sword
11-28-2007, 07:56 PM
It wasn't me. From the video it didn't look like he was going anywhere near that speed.

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
11-28-2007, 08:12 PM
It wasn't me. From the video it didn't look like he was going anywhere near that speed.

You know you are correct, shouldn't the white dotted line be solid at 219mph??

I am sure you would save that for the track, right gary???

Surfer
11-28-2007, 08:19 PM

I am sure you would save that for the track, right gary???Like I said, Lambo speedo's are way off, gps at high speeds shows huge difference between accurate vs indicated speeds.

Gary Sword
11-28-2007, 08:37 PM

I am sure you would save that for the track, right gary???

I do drive fast on public roads but not rectless. I do perfer to drive fast on the track.

Like I said, Lambo speedo's are way off, gps at high speeds shows huge difference between accurate vs indicated speeds.

How would you know Surfer you have been bitten by a snake to many times.

Surfer
11-28-2007, 08:48 PM
I do drive fast on public roads but not rectless. I do perfer to drive fast on the track.

How would you know Surfer you have been bitten by a snake to many times.ummm...ehhh....guys I've "heard" of :D tested with GPS on "enclosed course" :D, sometimes a 15 mph difference or more at those "indicated" speeds. All speedo's are off, BMW and Lambo's are outta-wack at high speeds though lol.

Tonya
11-28-2007, 10:58 PM
Unsafe yes! But sooooo sweet! :D
:awesome:I loved it!!!!! Thanks for sharing!

dontsleeponit
11-28-2007, 11:59 PM
the simple fact that you are probably 100x more likely to be run off the road by some moron on a cell phone, or a someone staring at their GPS, or just a regular old TERRIBLE driver, makes me not so concerned with this dude's night time empty highway blast.

People that buy fast cars are going to drive them fast, and it will most likely not effect your life whatsoever. Morons that buy fast cars, or just drive for that matter, will probably piss you off...

lethalxls1
11-29-2007, 12:26 AM
I am a huge fan of performance cars -so of course when I watched that video I was in awe BUT- that kind of speed is for closed courses or race tracks. Can you imagine if a tire had blown? To put innocent peoples lives in danger(especially children) in order to have a little fun is rediculous. Noone ever thinks about the consequences until its too late. Most people have to learn the hard way.

wytstang
11-29-2007, 02:08 AM
I'm not sure how accurate this info is, @1:03 you can read the over head sign (a bit blurry) and it's not in English. The sign says Calaise, Vuerne, and Costende and E40 at the bottom which a quick google shows these places in Belgium (near Brugges, Belgium) and how freeway E40 takes you in the middle of these towns. I call BS on this story being in the US.

Fly bye
11-29-2007, 02:43 AM

Nobody else was in danger here

:iagree: :iagree:

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: (http://www.abc15.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=b925c5c7-3f6a-47b7-9b18-d5238bcbf048)I'm moving back to the part of Phoenix where these a$ were "playing" .

I'd like to take a ball bat to the drivers and dowse the car in gas & torch it.

Don't get your panties in an uproar http://www.s2ki.com/forums/html/emoticons/rolleyes.gif