PDA

View Full Version : Wax/Sealant on Xpel Stealth PPF on Tesla Model X

acaciolo
04-23-2017, 02:01 PM
Hello!
I been reading about all the options for wax/sealant on matte finishes, but I haven't found much on using any on matte Stealth film (which already has a c.quartz treatment on top.) I've looked at Swissvax opaque, beasleys' and CG, but cant really find anybody that has tried them on PPF. Any suggestions? thanks
tony c

AutowerxDetailing
04-23-2017, 04:15 PM
The best option, since you already have the surfaces coated, is to simply keep the vehicle maintained with a wash process that preserves the CQuartz coating for as long as possible. CarPro Reset is a great choice for matte finishes and will perform exceptionally well since you've already got everything coated. Topping the coating with any sort of wax or sealant will only degrade the performance of the coating and will pretty much be a waste of time and materials IMO. Nice looking Model X BTW!

acaciolo
04-23-2017, 04:45 PM
Thanks for the tip! Great advice.

tony c

FUNX650
04-23-2017, 04:51 PM
Hello!
I been reading about all the options
for wax/sealant on matte finishes,

but I haven't found much on using any
on matte Stealth film (which already has
a c.quartz treatment on top.)

IMO:
You're ~0.5-1.0 microns too late,
to worry about what Wax/Sealant
options are out there, to apply atop
the matte PPF.

Bob

acaciolo
04-23-2017, 05:25 PM
I was reading about swissvax opaque and got intrigued. But there is no reason for me to complicate things!

DrBeasleys
04-28-2017, 12:51 PM
Hello!
I been reading about all the options for wax/sealant on matte finishes, but I haven't found much on using any on matte Stealth film (which already has a c.quartz treatment on top.) I've looked at Swissvax opaque, beasleys' and CG, but cant really find anybody that has tried them on PPF. Any suggestions? thanks
tony c

Hey there,
We have extensively tested our matte paint care products on XPEL Stealth PPFs and matte vinyl wraps too. Autogeek is now one of our awesome domestic distributors, so check out our matte stuff:
http://www.autogeek.net/dr-beasleys-car-care.html

Brandon Wetch
04-28-2017, 02:09 PM
I was reading about swissvax opaque and got intrigued. But there is no reason for me to complicate things!

Yeah I don't know if their stuff is any better but the packaging is so nice and smells so good!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro