PDA

View Full Version : Fitting to use to replace Ryobi Pressure Washer wand with Foam Cannon?

wonderbar
04-23-2017, 12:34 PM
Hi all,

Amateur car detailer here, just purchased the Chemical Guys Torq Foam Cannon for washing my daily driver. I don't have a pressure washer yet, but my coworker is willing to lend me one, and he has the electric Ryobi 1600 PSI pressure washer.

The foam cannon fitting is a standard quick disconnect that should mate to the end of the pressure washer wand'd tip. However, reading AutoGeek, it seems that is preferable to replace the wand completely with the foam cannon, not attach it to it.

Here is a picture of his pressure washer's manual showing how the wand connects to the pressure washer grip:
Is there a fitting or a stackup of fittings that allow me to keep the foam cannon's quick disconnect and replace the pressure washer's wand?

Thanks for the help!

2pennies
07-29-2017, 08:43 AM
I am in the process of trying to find this exact answer. I just purchased mine and neither Home Depot or lowes has the correct fittings as they are too big to snap into my gun. They are 3/8" so my belief is that we need the 1/4" fittings. I have a message out to MTM to help me with this and if I get an answer I will come back here and deliver it. If you have found a solution already, please share it!

KirkH
07-29-2017, 08:47 AM
I am in the process of trying to find this exact answer. I just purchased mine and neither Home Depot or lowes has the correct fittings as they are too big to snap into my gun. They are 3/8" so my belief is that we need the 1/4" fittings. I have a message out to MTM to help me with this and if I get an answer I will come back here and deliver it. If you have found a solution already, please share it!

You are correct.

cleanmycorolla
07-29-2017, 09:31 AM
AG sells an adapter set, but there lots of adapters out there on sites as well. Just google. But AG has a set of brass ones that fit most all PW's

Jimmy Vegas
07-29-2017, 02:25 PM
I've never seen one for that type of wand. Fortunately, You can replace the gun with one that has the standard 1/4 inch disconnects. I actually picked up one of these for $15..

Just connect the hose, and off you go.

Hope this helps.

VISITOR
07-29-2017, 06:39 PM
i have the greenworks 1700psi electric pressure washer (pictured below) and i didn't like the long wand (like pictured below) when using it so i unscrewed it off (in the middle where the brass nut is) and found two parts (don't remember the sizes) at a local parts supply store so i could use it without it which i prefer. to the OP, PM and i'll send you a pic of what it looks like...
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61xKZV9YkEL.jpg
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41Vz9u5XueL.jpg

2pennies
07-31-2017, 11:43 AM
So here's my update. After not hearing a reply from any of the folks I contacted, i'm converting down to a new 20" wand. I also purchased a 1'4" FPT plug that will go on the end of the wand that will snap into the gun via the quick disconnect on the end of the gun. With that I purchased a corresponding 1/4" FPT fitting that will go on the other end of the want that will allow me to insert nozzles for rinsing or the foam cannon should I need.

The issue I see with the stock ryobi wand is that it has a 3/8" fitting on it that can be adapted to other 3/8" fittings, but with the foam cannon and the gun that I purchased from mtm, the fittings don't match and none of my local hardware stores have them. My total was less than $30 after shipping so it was not that bad. I will end up replacing the hose to 50 foot because the stock and a 30 foot are not nearly enough to get around a car. The slack from a 50 foot will also prevent me from having to buy a swivel as well.

Hope this perspective helps. Good luck