PDA

View Full Version : Brand new car

Max
04-21-2017, 08:04 PM
Hi Mike,

I bought a Ford F-150 2017 and I want to protect it as soon as I receive it from the factory.

here is the steps that I'm going to do:

1. Mother's clay bar
2. Wolfgang finishing glaze
3. Wolfgang paint sealant deep gloss 3.0

My question is ´´ Can I do steps 1 and 3 only or step 2 will give a better result?

thanks for you're answer
Max

Eandras
04-21-2017, 08:24 PM
My question to you is why a finishing glaze. Why don't you try a full correction such as

Wash
Clay
Polish (if Compound is not needed)
Jeweling with a soft pad low speed with a finishing polish
Sealant (coating)
If no coating a wax.

Also wait to see the condition of the vehicle. To me a glaze is just a shortcut and is only a temporary solution.

Ed

custmsprty
04-21-2017, 08:34 PM
My question to you is why a finishing glaze. Why don't you try a full correction such as

Wash
Clay
Polish (if Compound is not needed)
Jeweling with a soft pad low speed with a finishing polish
Sealant (coating)
If no coating a wax.

Also wait to see the condition of the vehicle. To me a glaze is just a shortcut and is only a temporary solution.

Ed

Wolfgang FG is actually a finishing polish, probably the most misleading name ever given to a finishing polish LOL.

http://www.autogeek.net/wolfgang-finishing-glaze.html

Max
04-21-2017, 08:41 PM
Wolfgang FG is actually a finishing polish, probably the most misleading name ever given to a finishing polish LOL.

Wolfgang Finishing Glaze 3.0, Wolfgang finishing polish, polising glaze, machine glaze (http://www.autogeek.net/wolfgang-finishing-glaze.html)

You're right. Don't know why they call it finishing glaze. I don't know if I'm going to use it since my paint is perfect.

custmsprty
04-21-2017, 08:42 PM
You're right. Don't know why they call it finishing glaze. I don't know if I'm going to use it since my paint is perfect.

There's no such thing as perfect paint form the factory or dealership LOL. :props:

When I took delivery of my GC it was coming off of the hauler and I was there for removal of the plastic and told them not to wash it. It didn't look like it does now when I took delivery of it.

I'd go with your initial plan.

PaulMys
04-21-2017, 09:25 PM
There's no such thing as perfect paint form the factory or dealership LOL. :props:

When I took delivery of my GC it was coming off of the hauler and I was there for removal of the plastic and told them not to wash it. It didn't look like it does now when I took delivery of it.

I'd go with your initial plan.

Not to mention the road grime, and in my factory-ordered trucks case, rail dust from being on a train from Saltillo, Mexico to a holding pen in New Jersey before delivery.

tpr1634
04-22-2017, 02:52 AM
I use WG on my truck and 4 years ago it was the first thing I did, I also just put optimum gloss coat on it.
I would do a iron decontimate Clay as you said and polish with something mild if you have WG finish it's great stuff.

Paul A.
04-22-2017, 06:45 AM
First off, huge congrats on the new truck!!! It's fun isn't it? I would fully decontaminate the paint after the baggie test and before machining anything. If it's rough feeling from the baggie test you should certainly clay or nanoskin. I also ALWAYS do Iron X first and after a thorough wash on a new vehicle as well. I do Iron X test spots that include the rear fascia, a rocker panel spot behind the wheels and a spot higher up (hood, roof etc.) just to see what those yield as far as metallic fragments. I will say I have found a couple of brand spanking new cars that didn't need much decon but it's rare.

Again, congratulations and drive it proudly!

MIsnowman
04-22-2017, 07:22 AM
Congrats on the new F150!! What color did you go with? I think you're plan sounds reasonable. I would definitely do the polishing step and also have a compound handy just in case there are some areas that need it. Be sure to post some pics when you get it home.

Max
04-22-2017, 10:58 PM
Congrats on the new F150!! What color did you go with? I think you're plan sounds reasonable. I would definitely do the polishing step and also have a compound handy just in case there are some areas that need it. Be sure to post some pics when you get it home.

Thanks!!! I choosed white. My old car is black so the final result will not be the same.I'll post some pictures