PDA

View Full Version : CarRro EcH2o and my first time using rinseless wash method

Pages : [1] 2

p51dna
04-20-2017, 09:40 PM
Not going to stress the summer heat this year.... Going to try rinseless wash this time.

I think I messed up already though following the ww dilution of 1:5 in my 32oz bottle. I really want to do a RW method with presoaked towels. When I presoak the panel before using my towels, I should probably use a dilution ratio closer to the QD spray of 1:10-1:15 ? And about how much in my bucket per gallon?

Marc08EX
04-20-2017, 09:50 PM
Carpro says 2-3oz per 3 gallons of water for rinseless.

TMQ
04-20-2017, 09:57 PM
This was posted by someone here on forum---forgot who.

http://www.enviro-one.com/dilution-calculator/

Tom

p51dna
04-20-2017, 10:11 PM
Yeah, I used the correct ratio, I just think 1:5 for presoaking the panel is a waste of product for rinseless? Does anyone agree? If I'm using roughly 1oz/gallon in the bucket and I'm assuming I'll be using probably the whole 32oz bottle which is another 5oz, I'll be going through EcH2o pretty dang fast.

I've seen videos and comments how cost effective RW/WW is, but it wouldn't appear that way If I'm using 7-8oz of EcH2o per wash

The Guz
04-20-2017, 10:15 PM
Make it easier on yourself and just dunk your spray bottle into the bucket of rinseless and use that as your pre-soak. Or make a bottle with waterless wash solution.

TMQ
04-20-2017, 10:32 PM
Ahhhh...never thought of that. Gonna copy that!

Tom

p51dna
04-21-2017, 03:28 PM
Follow up... I cut my 32oz bottle in half to make two. So about 2.5oz per 32oz of distilled water. I added 1.5oz of EcH2o to about 1 1/2 gallons of distilled water in my bucket. Next time I'll be using 1 gallon as I had a lot left over. I refilled my 32oz bolttle with the left over for next time.

Definitely happy with the results. Left extreme gloss and slickness. Really made my Hydr02 look fresh.

I'm not comfortable using it on my wheels yet. My wifes car will be no problem but to much invested in mine. I broke out the sonax and the pressure washer just to wash the wheels lol, oh well. Hopefully I'll figure out a better way. My brembos give off a lot of brake dust.

392hemi
04-21-2017, 05:30 PM
Follow up... I cut my 32oz bottle in half to make two. So about 2.5oz per 32oz of distilled water. I added 1.5oz of EcH2o to about 1 1/2 gallons of distilled water in my bucket. Next time I'll be using 1 gallon as I had a lot left over. I refilled my 32oz bolttle with the left over for next time.

Definitely happy with the results. Left extreme gloss and slickness. Really made my Hydr02 look fresh.

I'm not comfortable using it on my wheels yet. My wifes car will be no problem but to much invested in mine. I broke out the sonax and the pressure washer just to wash the wheels lol, oh well. Hopefully I'll figure out a better way. My brembos give off a lot of brake dust.

I use it without issues and also have Brembos (Charger Scatpack). Works fine but my wheels are coated with Sonax PNS. Problem is I have "wheel and wheelwell only towels" and presoak and wash them separately from the body and window towels. I feel like I spend more water on soaking and washing all my towels than I would have washing my car with a hose lolol

ducksfan
04-21-2017, 05:47 PM
I use it without issues and also have Brembos (Charger Scatpack). Works fine but my wheels are coated with Sonax PNS. Problem is I have "wheel and wheelwell only towels" and presoak and wash them separately from the body and window towels. I feel like I spend more water on soaking and washing all my towels than I would have washing my car with a hose lolol

Which is one more reason why I use a Optimum blue sponge. I may use up to an ounce more product, but a lot less time and effort. Plus, my experience is the sponge is very safe.

ducksfan
04-21-2017, 05:52 PM
Make it easier on yourself and just dunk your spray bottle into the bucket of rinseless and use that as your pre-soak. Or make a bottle with waterless wash solution.

I agree - rinseless strength to presoak. You're just getting the panel wet to break the bond. Any rinseless product will work. A good place to use product up (When you've found something you like better.).

392hemi
04-21-2017, 05:59 PM
Which is one more reason why I use a Optimum blue sponge. I may use up to an ounce more product, but a lot less time and effort. Plus, my experience is the sponge is very safe.

I used to use 2 bucket method with the rinseless wash but had to change the rinse water bucket a couple of times. Since I don't have access to a hose it was annoying to carry and plan to have all that water. I bought a pump pressurized sprayer and 15 Buff and shine towels from autogeek. I just end up using a lot of towels now lol

p51dna
04-21-2017, 06:54 PM

Do you use wheel brushes or what? Still sticking with towels? I'm not concerned about removing the dust per say, my wheels are coated too. I just don't want to damage them. Plus my wheels are very deep, 11" front and 12" rear. I need to get those drums cleaned too. I'm sure I can use the same tools I currently use, just concerns me with out all the rinsing power of the wheel and tools.

392hemi
04-21-2017, 07:03 PM
Do you use wheel brushes or what? Still sticking with towels? I'm not concerned about removing the dust per say, my wheels are coated too. I just don't want to damage them. Plus my wheels are very deep, 11" front and 12" rear. I need to get those drums cleaned too. I'm sure I can use the same tools I currently use, just concerns me with out all the rinsing power of the wheel and tools.

I'll spray them down with my pressurized sprayer liberally and met it run
, then use a wheel woolie and spray again then wipe with a wet microfiber and then wipe them down

demis34gt
10-05-2018, 06:16 PM
I want to use the Ech2o as rinsless wash. In a bucket I will have water with Ech2o in dilution 200:1. Before start to wash a part of the car paint for example the driever door with a microfiber mitt, I will spray it with Eth2o in dilution 10:1? And after that will start the washing from the bucket?

The Guz
10-05-2018, 07:30 PM
I want to use the Ech2o as rinsless wash. In a bucket I will have water with Ech2o in dilution 200:1. Before start to wash a part of the car paint for example the driever door with a microfiber mitt, I will spray it with Eth2o in dilution 10:1? And after that will start the washing from the bucket?

Straight from CarPro’s site on using it as a rinseless wash.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181006/0931f8b55cd2310466c5d26ea3b2a436.png