PDA

View Full Version : Bad Rain(need help)

cls
11-27-2007, 11:54 PM
Hi Guys.I need your advice(again).Did my first ever detail 3 weeks ago on my black car using IP+FPII+KAIO+SG+AW and was really happy with the results.Last week,I had to attend a conference 3 hours away from home for 4 days.Unfortunately,it was raining in the area and the car was parked outside.Out came the sun....water spots galore.There were no basement parking or shaded area so it was baked in the sun for one day!When i got home, Tried using water/alcohol/vinegar and KAIO by hand but didnt work.Do I need to use menzerna all over again?Please help.TIA

Jimmie
11-28-2007, 12:41 AM
The one thing that you have working is even though they are set pretty solid they are fairly new. That makes me think that the vinegar should work. I haven't tried this but a trick that I've read on here is douse a towel in vinegar and lay on the paint to dwell for a short time. Can't find it so I'd say to be safe maybe vinegar 1:1 for 10 min. You might try uping the dilution/time.
Worst case is yes it's a redo with Menzerna.

cls
11-28-2007, 03:05 AM
Maybe i can try towel in vinegar first.nothing to lose.Thanks Jimmie

Jimmie
11-28-2007, 10:56 AM
You're very welcome cls. Let me know how it works. I'm hoping for the best since it will be a time saver. Actually more of a work saver.