PDA

View Full Version : DP Wheel Kit

Reddwarf
07-01-2006, 11:25 AM
UPS brought my shipment in time for the long weekend! I got the DP Wheel Kit (http://www.autogeek.net/dp-wheel-kit.html)and it is a bargin deal, especially while on sale!

But, I have a newbie question. What are the gloves for? To put on the glase or remove it? Or both?! Then, how do you recommend cleaning them?

I washed the wheels with the DP Gel Wheel Cleaner. Definetly not as toxic as the PB wheel cleaner (http://www.autogeek.net/pbsrwc32.html), but then not as powerful either. As Killr has advised, I don't use the PB everytime. So, the DP cleaner did a goot job. After washing and drying the car applied the glase with a soft diaper-like cotton cloth. Then after tit dried to a haze i buffed it with an MF.

The wheels do loook better and some of the black pitting is gone or covered up. but not all. After this post I'm going to apply the DP Gloss Tire Gel.

joe.p
07-01-2006, 11:55 AM
pitting is gone or covered up. but not all. After this post I'm going to apply the DP Gloss Tire Gel.
Did you try and clay the wheels ? I found some cleaners work better then others,but you should thoroughly clean them 1st then use whatever your choice of products are to maintain them. Theres no miracle cleaners that can remove everything without a little elbow grease. I let my wheels go so long by the time i decided to clean'em it took me 4 days to get them up to what i beleived they should be.

abrcrombe
07-01-2006, 11:58 AM
Pair of Microfiber Gloves
Use it dry, and the Microfiber Glove is like a dust magnet. The thousands of superfine fibers reach into nooks and crannies and quickly lift the dust from your dash, console, instrument panel. Add water, (soapy or not) and use the Microfiber Glove to reach small areas, like between spokes and in lug nut holes. Finally, get to that elusive grime and dirt even small brushes miss. Your wheels will look as good as they did on the showroom floor!

Pretty much use them for whatever you want. You can clean them by throwing them in the wash with your other MFs and use a MF cleaner.
I use this. http://www.autogeek.net/pin620.html

Meghan
07-01-2006, 11:59 AM
Gloves are good for many things... you can use to apply the Glaze, or remove. I wear mine to pop out my carnauba wax out of it's jar. :awesome:

joe.p
07-01-2006, 12:56 PM
Gloves are good for many things... you can use to apply the Glaze, or remove. I wear mine to pop out my carnauba wax out of it's jar. :awesome:
I like to wear mine in the winter months ;)

dengood1
07-01-2006, 02:51 PM
I wear one on my left hand only just for the hell of it:D

Reddwarf
07-01-2006, 09:24 PM
To wrap this story up, I did apply the dP Gloss Tire gel and it looked great! Really easy to apply with the applicator pad included in the kit. I liked that I didn't have to spray the product.

I need to work on the glaze technique. I noticed when I drove somewhere that I had missed buffing some off (you know, wheels were now in a different position:rolleyes:)

I'm eager to see hw well the DP Tire Gloss holds up.

ScottB
07-01-2006, 09:58 PM
quick funny:

I too got the gloves and could not decide how or where to use them. Well before long a heated debate came up over touchless carwashes. So we gathered the gloves and headed off to sample some late night car washes. We would wipe each finish after the wash and drying to see if they really removed grime and dirt without "touching" the car. The gloves need a bath, and to date the friend does not use those gas station profit makers. I have not used the gloves since, but came in handy one late night.

FloridaNative
07-01-2006, 10:17 PM
I wear one on my left hand only just for the hell of it:D

ROFL!!! Just please don't tell me you live in Neverland!!

dengood1
07-01-2006, 10:52 PM
ROFL!!! Just please don't tell me you live in Neverland!!

More like NeverEVERland! Wooooohoooooo:p