PDA

View Full Version : How to wash microfiber towels and pads?

vital2
04-17-2017, 05:33 PM
How do you wash and dry your microfiber towels and pads after use?

Route246
04-17-2017, 06:44 PM
I have had good luck with this. https://www.griotsgarage.com/product/microfiber+foam+pad+cleaner.do

AZpolisher15
04-17-2017, 06:47 PM
For towels:

Warm wash with a dedicated microfiber detergent, many of which can be found in the AG store (if you can't find one you like, then use a liquid detergent free of dyes and perfumes- that would be option #2 in my book). Tumble dry on low.

There was another recent thread on this same topic. And there have been many in the past. You'll hear 1000+ different methods and opinions. But what I wrote above seems to be a good distilled representation of the consensus.

I like 3D Towel Kleen.
3D Towel Kleen (http://www.autogeek.net/3d-towel-kleen.html)

Avgguy
04-19-2017, 11:59 AM
My process, put together from experience, here, and everywhere else... lol:

Towels: for the ones that touch paint only: I use the delicate wash soap from ... DG.. $1. Works great. Use just a little. Wash in hot, throw in 1/2 cup vinegar at rinse, and add an extra rinse. Dry on the lowest setting... even fluff/air dry setting. Heat from the dryer can kill them.

Pads: clean on the fly using a terry cloth towel and the method shown on the video by MP. Spray the faces of pad when done with 409. Next I wash them by hand under running water and make sure they get all the way clean again. I let them dry turned face down.

Powerwheels
04-19-2017, 12:05 PM
One thing that helps me is if you have non water based products in the pad run the buffer on high to sling extra product out before cleaning by hand. In a bucket of course.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Avgguy
04-19-2017, 04:00 PM
One thing that helps me is if you have non water based products in the pad run the buffer on high to sling extra product out before cleaning by hand. In a bucket of course.

This also works for drying the pads... definitely reduces the drying time.

Powerwheels
04-19-2017, 06:05 PM
The vinegar idea is interesting.