PDA

View Full Version : 1996 Mystic Cobra Paint Correction

MysticCobra
04-17-2017, 03:43 PM
Hey Mike and Autogeek guys!

So i resonantly picked a 96 cobra in mystic paint, the car is a great car so far just fixing it up as i go so ive been a detailer for a while and have already made the car look way better for the short time i picked it up. The cars paint overall is in ok shape needs a good polish to make it pop. Currently it has light scratches acid rain/hard water spots over the whole car and a few areas with decent starches where ill be compounding. The products i used to used was meguiars but looking to change it up and make the car look the best it can so currently i have a makita buffer but also in the market for a polisher ive used shurhold dual action kinda liked it but what Polisher,Compounds,Glazes,Waxes do you recommend?

mcate
04-17-2017, 04:55 PM
I'm Mike, just not Mike Phillips! But I did a 96 Mystic for a buddy a few years ago. Car had 150k+ miles on it, & it was one of the 2 worst & most abused paint jobs I've ever worked on. (Oddly enough the other was a 2004 Mystichrome Cobra!) I used Menzerna FG400 (now called SHC400) to correct it, & Menzerna SF4000 (Now called 3500) to finish it, then Menzerna Powerlock for protection. For a polisher, back then I used a Porter Cable D/A with white pads. Still an excellent D/A, but there are a bunch more to choose from these days. Oh, in case you didn't already know, that paint is REALLY expensive!

MysticCobra
04-17-2017, 07:34 PM
Hey mike thanks for so info and i know all to well about the paint sadly the bumpers will need to be painted but for this year im driving it then paint then as far as the car its exactly really in good shape just needs a real good buff and nice work and nice driveway! Aslo putting new wheels on it Fr500s or Saleens looking forward for this build just sold my 86 fox