PDA

View Full Version : New Black carpet fading?

Automoglow
04-17-2017, 03:34 PM
My car has about 2500 miles and the carpet and mats are back. this is my first time having a black interior. The black carpet mat is fading where my foot sits, anything I ncan do to bring the color back kinda like bruising the nap on suede or something..

vobro
04-17-2017, 04:45 PM
Did you try cleaning it? Happens on my black carpet from dirt being dug in by my heel,cleans up just fine

Tasmania
04-17-2017, 09:21 PM
Well is it 100% carpet? or a blend of synthetic carpet. 100% carpet mats are easy to clean

Grab some D101 APC spray scrub hose let dry, easy

Automoglow
04-18-2017, 12:24 PM
Did you try cleaning it? Happens on my black carpet from dirt being dug in by my heel,cleans up just fine

I just did a light cleaning on the mats since they weren't too dirty.. vacuumed, sprayed with APC scrubbed and wiped them down. I guess I need to do a full on hose spray down to get it all out.

Desertnate
04-18-2017, 01:52 PM
Depending on the quality of the mat and how much you drive, it could simply be wearing from your heal rubbing on it while driving. My wife uses her vehicle for work and it sees a large number of miles. The mat began to wear away under her heal after about a year. It was noticable, much earlier than that.