PDA

View Full Version : what is a good leather nano sealant?

RMarkJr
04-16-2017, 10:58 PM
Hello .. I have bought just bout everything you could think of for detailing and one of the things I do not have is a good long lasting leather sealant.

are there any leather sealants out there that will last a long time like a paint sealant or are they only for a few months?

I havent really found anything that looks real good and the ones I do find dont really mention how long they last for.

like carpro leather sealant .. no idea how long its supposed to last. Or how many cars you could do with a bottle realistically. If its just one bottle then I would have to charge something like 150 to apply it .. maybe ore .. no idea what people charge for leather sealant.

any help would be great

Thanks

The Guz
04-16-2017, 11:07 PM
Made a couple recommendations in this thread.

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/109082-what-should-i-use-clean-protect-interior-leather-panels.html#post1480484

RMarkJr
04-16-2017, 11:17 PM
Made a couple recommendations in this thread.

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/109082-what-should-i-use-clean-protect-interior-leather-panels.html#post1480484

ah thanks .. looks like carpro is the better one there and I see that it says 1 to 2 years so that answers that.

now on the price of the bottle and applications.

did you use the whole bottle for the seats that you did? or was there enough to do it a few or several times? do you ever charge for leather sealant for this and if so what do you charge about for leather sealant?

BadgerRivFan
04-17-2017, 06:55 PM
Gyeon recently released a leather coating product called "Leather Shield." I think it may have debuted at SEMA. It is different than their other leather protectant called Leather Coat.

I purchased some through a competitor site (couldn't find it in the AG store). Applied it for the first time to the leather seats in my Riviera convertible this past weekend. Application was easy and it seemed to cure quickly. I obviously can't comment on durability but I was pleased with the product. Not much is needed and I'd say that one bottle could treat 6-8 cars, possibly more...

Check out Gyeon in addition to CarPro's offering.

The Guz
04-17-2017, 07:13 PM
ah thanks .. looks like carpro is the better one there and I see that it says 1 to 2 years so that answers that.

now on the price of the bottle and applications.

did you use the whole bottle for the seats that you did? or was there enough to do it a few or several times? do you ever charge for leather sealant for this and if so what do you charge about for leather sealant?

Depends on how much leather there is in the vehicle. I was able to get 2 1/2 cars out of it. My 2002 Camaro, My uncles 2002 Corvette with 2 coats on the seats and a majority of my dad's 2015 Impala.

By the way this is a leather coating and not a leather sealant. Two different products.

Can't help you on how much to charge.

Gyeon recently released a leather coating product called "Leather Shield." I think it may have debuted at SEMA. It is different than their other leather protectant called Leather Coat.

I purchased some through a competitor site (couldn't find it in the AG store). Applied it for the first time to the leather seats in my Riviera convertible this past weekend. Application was easy and it seemed to cure quickly. I obviously can't comment on durability but I was pleased with the product. Not much is needed and I'd say that one bottle could treat 6-8 cars, possibly more...

Check out Gyeon in addition to CarPro's offering.

I need to give my leather shield a go as well. Good price for 50ml compared to the 30ml bottle of Cquartz Leather.

Mantilgh
04-17-2017, 08:30 PM
If you want good option in between a dressing and a coating, Ultima Interior Guard Plus is very good and goes a long way.

Ultima Interior Guard Plus 4 oz., interior protectant, rubber & vinyl protectant, rubber dressing (http://www.autogeek.net/ultima-interior-guard-4.html)