PDA

View Full Version : Perfect wipe down??

bdlerto51
04-16-2017, 09:04 PM
Need some suggestions... so after waxing a dark colored car (mostly black) how do you get that final wipe down without getting that hologram effect or paint sweating. Seems to look perfect after polishing but then after waxing, I can't get buff off that wax to a perfect finish. Always looks terrible in the sunlight ughhh

AeroCleanse
04-17-2017, 04:51 PM
Did you wipe it down before applying the wax?

brettS4
04-17-2017, 06:01 PM
What wax are you using?

ronkh57
04-17-2017, 06:09 PM
Always looks terrible in the sunlight ughhh

Define what you mean "terrible". Easier to understand what you mean.

"Hey doc, I don't feel good. What's wrong with me?"

LEDetailing
04-17-2017, 06:49 PM
Try using a wax removing towel, follow that up with a second towel, try to keep the second towel from touching the dried wax. Obviously you'll need more than two towels. Keep your towels folded and keep changing to a fresh fold of the towel. Work one panel at a time remove the wax with first towel then do the final wipe with your dedicated second towel. I've had really good luck with Meguiar's supreme shine for wax removal. For second towel I like a softer towel edgeless, 480 gsm. Supreme towels lint a little my edge less towels don't lint.

Try using Pinnacle Souveran, this wax is so easy to remove. Souveran will take care of any streaking problems.

Desertnate
04-18-2017, 09:02 AM
If you're having trouble removing the wax or having the wax "sweat" a couple days later, you may by applying too much wax. Most modern waxes go on very thin.

Are you applying the wax by hand? I've found applying the wax with my DA has really helped to with puting down a nice, thin, even layer better than I could ever do by hand. Even then, I still occasionally put it down too thick in places. When I do, I can be assured my dark car will "sweat" and I'll need to buff it off with a little QD spray.