PDA

View Full Version : Leather Conditioner for Seats with tiny holes

WeekendDIY
04-16-2017, 08:28 PM
Sorry about the stupid title of thread. I'm drawing a complete blank on how to describe it. See pic please.

What's the best conditioner product to use. Besides the best quality product. But I'm concerned about clogging the holes. I have used several "samplers" from Wolfgang. It seems to not be a problem. But it bothers me a bit. Is there a good spray product? Or are the creams OK as long as common sense is used?

Thanks in advance.

AutowerxDetailing
04-16-2017, 08:49 PM
Water, used frequently, is enough to rehydrate the leather and keep it supple. Conditioners are unnecessary on modern coated leather.

GenesisCoupe
04-16-2017, 09:00 PM
I used Sonax Leather spray and it works wonders and doesn't get into the leather holes at all. It's mostly a cleaner as the post above me is correct that modern leather doesn't need much conditioning.

zero4
04-16-2017, 10:45 PM
Water, used frequently, is enough to rehydrate the leather and keep it supple. Conditioners are unnecessary on modern coated leather.
x 2. If anything, coat the leather.

The Guz
04-16-2017, 10:53 PM
Check out Mike's tip on applying a conditioner on perforated seats.

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/new-car-care-products/109179-jay-leno-garage-leather-cleaner-conditioner-review-mike-phillips.html

WeekendDIY
04-19-2017, 12:59 PM
Water huh. Maybe I'll just go with a coating instead of conditioner. The link above doesn't refer to just using water though. Marketing I guess :) . Just gotta go with what one feels comfortable with I guess. My vehicle is a 2015.

Thanks guys.

EWtheDETAILER
04-19-2017, 01:21 PM
Check out Sonax Leather Foam.... it's specifically designed for perforated leather.

SONAX Leather Foam Leather Cleaner & Conditioner, Sonax leather cleaner conditioner, sonax leather care (http://www.autogeek.net/sonax-leather-foam.html)

DUBL0WS6
11-19-2022, 10:56 PM
Any good spray leather cleaner will work on perforated seats. I've used several different conditioners as well. A good conditioner will soak into the leather or the foam backing. I've never had to clean out the perforations.

Flash Gordon
11-20-2022, 11:11 AM
Spray the product on a towel then apply

Sleper
11-21-2022, 08:22 AM
Spray the product on a towel then apply

Agreed spray products on towels first so they do not run into cracks and crevises.

dcjredline
11-21-2022, 11:30 AM
I use Griots Leather Care Spray.