PDA

View Full Version : C2v3 or Reload over Crystal Serum Light?

Pages : [1] 2

1953hogan
04-15-2017, 10:22 PM
About to coat my wife's new white 2017 Ford Explorer with Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light. I'm the type of guy who likes to top off the finish after most washes even though I know it isn't needed over a coating, but I can't help myself.

I love the slickness of Reload and have never used C2v3. To you CSL users out there, which would you recommend as a maintenance topper and why?

Also, which soap do you wash with? Thanks very much!

AeroCleanse
04-15-2017, 10:53 PM
Not used Reload but C2v3 is amazing.

1953hogan
04-16-2017, 05:51 AM
Not used Reload but C2v3 is amazing.

Thanks. How so?

ronkh57
04-16-2017, 06:30 AM
THrow some Gyeon Cure into that list

GSKR
04-16-2017, 06:40 AM
About to coat my wife's new white 2017 Ford Explorer with Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light. I'm the type of guy who likes to top off the finish after most washes even though I know it isn't needed over a coating, but I can't help myself.

I love the slickness of Reload and have never used C2v3. To you CSL users out there, which would you recommend as a maintenance topper and why?

Also, which soap do you wash with? Thanks very much!

I'm the same way I have both C2v3 and reload.I don't mind mixing polishing products with different brands,however when it comes to coating I don't mix.So here is my personal opinion if you are using Serum stick with reload.I don't see a wow factor after using C2v3.As far as soap I use chemical guys citrus doesn't dull out the finish especially in the hot Florida sun.

GSKR
04-16-2017, 06:46 AM
For a extra 25.00 Boyds tru coating is probably the best I've used.I have it on a car that I don't maintain often.But when I do its a tunnel wash and no topper at all.The stuff doesn't degrade and there is no maintenance at all with this coating and it's been on there since they came out with it.

Dereksdtail
04-16-2017, 08:54 AM
C2v3 is the best looking spray sealant I've used and really durable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1953hogan
04-16-2017, 09:02 AM
Just read the reviews on the C2v3 and it sound like it can be hard to apply. Anybody have any opinions on easy of application? How about vs Reload? The wife's Explorer is white by my Acura is black.

Hammer77
04-16-2017, 09:09 AM
C2v3 is really nice stuff. For me it flashes pretty quick, I use it sparingly, small areas, fast with the towels.

Audios S6
04-16-2017, 12:18 PM
Just read the reviews on the C2v3 and it sound like it can be hard to apply. Anybody have any opinions on easy of application? How about vs Reload? The wife's Explorer is white by my Acura is black.

C2v3 hard to apply? No way. It's among the easier silica type sprays to apply comparing head-to-head with 8 other options.

CarolinasFinestDetailing
04-16-2017, 01:06 PM
I`m one of those weird guys who likes to stay within a company`s realm when using coating toppers as the company`s develop them for their specific coatings. So, if I was using a Gtechniq coating, I would use their topper. I top CQuartz Family of coatings with Reload, and Opti Seal over Opti Coat Pro +.

As for soap, I am a huge rinseless wash guy. Blue ONR is awesome. I actually provide my coating customers with a rinseless kit using ONR. If youre the traditional foam gun or two bucket guy, CarPro Reset is perfect!!!!

BudgetPlan1
04-16-2017, 01:52 PM
Applied it with a blue microfiber applicator pad, buffed with towel. Did this couple of hours after applying Crystal Serum Light. No issues at all but I generally apply all these types of products by spraying it on applicator, applying to surface, buffing off. Any time I spray on surface and buff I goon it up so I've gone to above method with no issues.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

AeroCleanse
04-16-2017, 02:25 PM
Thanks. How so?

Easy to apply, crisp finish that lasts a long time.

1953hogan
04-16-2017, 03:50 PM
Thanks, guys, advice much appreciated.

1953hogan
04-16-2017, 03:59 PM
One last question: Given that C2v3 claims 8 months protection, why not just use that as your LSP and forego the Crystal Serum Light? Just a thought. Anybody out there using it as their LSP?