PDA

View Full Version : Paint removalout of tire wells??

seabreeze
11-27-2007, 07:43 PM
Have a client that ran over some paint in the road and its all in the passenger wheel wells, some on the paint as well. I have tryed everything I know to get it off, and not evan a spec has moved. Not sure what kind of paint it is either. Products tryed, paint thinner, goof off, straight hot degreaser and pressure washer at 3700psi. straight wheel cleaner with pressure washer. I am not ready to give up on this. The paint is pretty thick in there too. Please help with any suggestions on how to remove this junk. The rest of the truck came out amazing!

jesselyons2002
11-27-2007, 07:45 PM
Have you tried using a plastic razor to scrap it off ???

seabreeze
11-27-2007, 08:00 PM
Its too thick in the wheel well and the surface is not flat enough, The splashes on the paint I got off by scraping. Thanks for the suggestion:)

pt91
11-27-2007, 09:32 PM
Not easy to get that out. If they are covered wheel wells, you might look into replacements. Sometimes they aren't too expensive especially if it isn't all 4 corners.

BenzDetailer
04-19-2009, 01:43 PM
The Nest step would be a much stroger solvent known as MEK or METHEL ETHEL KEYTONE. It will take the paint off but will remove some of the gloss if the wheel well housings are plastic. Be careful do a test spot. Use an old terry towel and dampen with the product and remove by hand. DO NOT TOUCH THE PAINTED SURFACE OF THE CAR !!!!!

When you are done you can use different products to restore some of the gloss to the surface. Do not use prolonged exposure of this chemical to the surface (Several Minutes). You may wish to mask and repaint the wheel wells when complete. I often just restore what I can with a silicone based shine product but sometimes I will reapaint depending on severity. Worse case is always Yellow Road Line Paint !

Good Luck !Im the MAN

ScottB
04-19-2009, 03:29 PM
Why not just repaint them black >>

Rsurfer
04-19-2009, 04:01 PM
Why not just repaint them black >>
Good answer Killr. The wells must be super clean by now. Just tape and use some rattle can engine black.

GXPWeasel
04-20-2009, 11:52 AM
I was thinking paint to, or maybe even some reputable Rattle can undercoating.

WindyCity
04-20-2009, 12:20 PM
If you are gonna paint them use flat satin black this will match the plastic the best