PDA

View Full Version : Plastic Fender Skirts/Brushed Aluminim

BlackCoupe
07-01-2006, 09:46 AM
Got my Toyota FJ Cruiser yesterday. A lot of plastic skirts and fenders. What do you guys use to keep them sharp.

I like it more than I thought I would, but lots of vertical surfaces, and the bugs don't slide off when they hit. They stick.

I edited this to delete any reference to brushed aluminum--once I got my hands on the car, I could see it was the usual painted plastic bumper.

ScottB
07-01-2006, 01:41 PM
I just cannot understand the white roofs ?????

BlackCoupe
07-01-2006, 02:57 PM
I just cannot understand the white roofs ?????

Leave your Vette out in the driveway tonight, and in the morning when you come out, you will see how neat a white roof can look.

It looks pretty good in black with that white roof.

Surfer
07-01-2006, 04:34 PM
I love that truck in silver or black. Let me know how you like it, trying to pressure my sister to get one so that I can have a play toy....hehe:D

BlackCoupe
07-01-2006, 04:53 PM
I have to say I am more than pleased. But I just detailed it--wash, clay, sealant, (yes including the often deliberately overlooked roof) tires, rear han-on-the door tire and LOTS of plastic skirting and I can tell you it has more crooks and crannies than the guest of honor a a 100th Birthday Party.

abrcrombe
07-01-2006, 05:57 PM
:p LOL
Sounds good man. Post a couple pics! I'm sure Killr wants to see how good a white roof can look.

ScottB
07-01-2006, 08:49 PM
I had to buy a special ladder to get to the roof on our new SRX. Sorry, but on a 30k truck I just dont understand the different colored roof that Toyota decided on. Only item I can muster is it is easier to find when trapped in a mud bog or something ??

FloridaNative
07-01-2006, 09:09 PM
I had to buy a special ladder to get to the roof on our new SRX. Sorry, but on a 30k truck I just dont understand the different colored roof that Toyota decided on. Only item I can muster is it is easier to find when trapped in a mud bog or something ??

LOL!! Drat!!! I was drinking while reading AGAIN! KILLR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BlackCoupe
07-01-2006, 11:19 PM

Reflects heat instead of absorbing it? That way you can leave your kids in it while you are at work instead of taking them to day care.

ScottB
07-02-2006, 09:30 AM
Reflects heat instead of absorbing it? That way you can leave your kids in it while you are at work instead of taking them to day care.

hahahaha ........ your not getting any brownie points on that one !!! :D

BlackCoupe
07-02-2006, 10:07 AM
hahahaha ........ your not getting any brownie points on that one !!! :D

Oh, that's right--your kids haven't been through the teenage years yet!