PDA

View Full Version : Subaru Forester MY09 XT Premium in Obsidian Black

Booki
04-14-2017, 05:07 AM
This has got to be one of the biggest detailing projects I have done (mind you I havn't done very many, only doing my personal cars!).

I bought this car a few weeks ago and could not stand looking at all the weird swirl marks, dulled paint, buffer trails and random scratches.

I wish I took more before shots, because as soon as I prepped the surface (wash + clay) and did my first few passes with the DA I was stunned at how easily it was to get a great result.

https://youtu.be/8GdwPjSVb7g

More pics to come,

I have almost finished, ive been at it for about a total of two days now, I think there is a total of 14 hours worth of work into it so far. Is this normal?! I am not a professional detailer so that could be why I am taking so long, also using a DA for everything.

Few things I have learnt along the way though;
Technique is everything (arm speed, amount of product to use, pad/compound selection).
Prep is very important.
A good light source.
Time (lots of time).
Taking breaks after every panel to inspect my work, and let the pad cool. I have literally destroyed pads after a few panel's on previous details I have done, I realized it was all due to heat. After doing a small section, I stop. Inspect my work with my light source, buff off residue and inspect again. After this process is done normally my pad's will be fine to go again.