PDA

View Full Version : I need help & advice Starting My Detaling business I'm calling it flawless finish

Brooks5630
04-13-2017, 11:23 PM
My name is jonathan brooks and I gave he been trieng to start a Detaling business I wonna do it all semi trucks and trailers, cars, trucks, suv, vans, motorcycles, boats, RV's & tank and wheel polishing I want to become a certified professional I want my company to be the best of the best and I am having trouble getting funded etc please i need help getting my Detaling dreams to reality!!

Sent from my LGMS428 using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

Mike Phillips
04-14-2017, 05:27 AM
Hi Jonathan,

I'd recommend clicking the link below and reading the article, it's important to match your services to your customer or your excitement and passion for perfection will cause you to work for free.

A few tips on starting a part-time detailing business (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-make-money-detailing-cars/27827-few-tips-starting-part-time-detailing-business.html)

Then if you want to completely flatten the learning curve, read the below article, do like Ryan did and then attend my September class.

How to pay for your Competition Ready 3-Day Detailing Class with GoFundMe (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/information-competition-ready-3-day-detailing-classes-mike-phillips/101305-how-pay-your-competition-ready-3-day-detailing-class-gofundme.html)

:)

Anthony Orosco
05-03-2017, 02:33 PM
My name is jonathan brooks and I gave he been trieng to start a Detaling business I wonna do it all semi trucks and trailers, cars, trucks, suv, vans, motorcycles, boats, RV's & tank and wheel polishing I want to become a certified professional I want my company to be the best of the best and I am having trouble getting funded etc please i need help getting my Detaling dreams to reality!!

Sent from my LGMS428 using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

Hi Jonathan,

I sure can appreciate your enthusiasm as one day some years ago I had that very same enthusiasm and I sure wish I had auto detailing forums and the internet to turn to back then. So, I'll tell you what I wish I had been told back then, which is, "YOU CAN"T DO IT ALL!" Pick your poison so to speak. You'll either want to do lot cars/retail stuff or you're going to seek the high end exclusive market.

Each market has its pros and cons, but to try and grab the whole market will be a headache. Big trucks and RV's just suck and not many people want to pay what it costs to PROPERLY prep and detail them. Boats same thing and motorcycles can be just as much if not more than cars to clean, prep and detail out.

There is nothing wrong with doing lot (dealer cars) washes and good money can be made and there is a fairly low stress level. Flip side is the high end exclusive clients and while it's cool to work on these nice cars it's also a fricken big headache dealing with a good majority of the owners cause they think their poop don't stink.

So my advice is figure out what area of the market you want a slice of then go gang busters after it. Charge according, be on time, under promise and over deliver. Follow that and you'll do fine.

Anthony

kgilmore
05-03-2017, 02:56 PM
As a newbie myself. Thanks for the info Anthony!

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

kgilmore
05-03-2017, 03:19 PM
As a newbie myself. Thanks for the info Anthony!

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Rsurfer
05-03-2017, 04:14 PM
Hi Jonathan,

I sure can appreciate your enthusiasm as one day some years ago I had that very same enthusiasm and I sure wish I had auto detailing forums and the internet to turn to back then. So, I'll tell you what I wish I had been told back then, which is, "YOU CAN"T DO IT ALL!" Pick your poison so to speak. You'll either want to do lot cars/retail stuff or you're going to seek the high end exclusive market.

Each market has its pros and cons, but to try and grab the whole market will be a headache. Big trucks and RV's just suck and not many people want to pay what it costs to PROPERLY prep and detail them. Boats same thing and motorcycles can be just as much if not more than cars to clean, prep and detail out.

There is nothing wrong with doing lot (dealer cars) washes and good money can be made and there is a fairly low stress level. Flip side is the high end exclusive clients and while it's cool to work on these nice cars it's also a fricken big headache dealing with a good majority of the owners cause they think their poop don't stink.

So my advice is figure out what area of the market you want a slice of then go gang busters after it. Charge according, be on time, under promise and over deliver. Follow that and you'll do fine.

Anthony

^this^ and you may want to rethink your company name. Some will hold you to that name.