PDA

View Full Version : Any CarPro Essence Tips?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

DetailKitty
04-13-2017, 01:24 PM
I finally broke down and bought some to use on the new car.
I will be using it as an AIO.
Also got Reload to go on top.
Any advice or suggestions on using it? With what pad, etc?

Thx!

Rsurfer
04-13-2017, 01:37 PM
Any fine polishing pad will do, however I do favor Car Pro's white Gloss Pad.

Since your car is brand new, maybe Essence Plus might be better.

suke
04-13-2017, 02:20 PM
Don't use much pressure. Also if you're using a MF pad limit your passes to 1....max 2. In my case that's when the residue would be harder to remove. Otherwise on a foam pad I could work it just about as long as I wanted and it was still a breeze to remove.

I will say I'm not personally a fan of the beading I get from essence/reload combo. The water doesn't quite bead up like true coatings....or hasn't in my case anyways. I plan to remove the essence/reload combo and put cquartz standard on then maintain with reload.

DetailKitty
04-13-2017, 02:23 PM
Don't use much pressure. Also if you're using a MF pad limit your passes to 1....max 2. In my case that's when the residue would be harder to remove. Otherwise on a foam pad I could work it just about as long as I wanted and it was still a breeze to remove.

I will say I'm not personally a fan of the beading I get from essence/reload combo. The water doesn't quite bead up like true coatings....or hasn't in my case anyways. I plan to remove the essence/reload combo and put cquartz standard on then maintain with reload.

Thx for the tips... I am planning to use foam pads.

I don't expect it to behave like a true coating, so hopefully I won't be disappointed.

atgonzales
04-13-2017, 02:37 PM
What Rsufer said...

JeffM
04-13-2017, 03:53 PM
It needs some degree of heat to activate it, if you cant wipe off the white product residue then simply go over it with the pad again, until you have the process dialed in.

Aaryn NZ
04-13-2017, 04:17 PM
Any fine polishing pad will do, however I do favor Car Pro's white Gloss Pad.

Since your car is brand new, maybe Essence Plus might be better.

What Rsufer said...

Hey,

I'm in agreement with these guys. Essence + I believe will offer more durability, both are really nice to work with but I'd go with + in your situation. CarPro Gloss Pad are nice too but any soft finishing pad will get great results.

Aaryn NZ. :dblthumb2:

MarkD51
04-13-2017, 04:38 PM
It needs some degree of heat to activate it, if you cant wipe off the white product residue then simply go over it with the pad again, until you have the process dialed in.

From what you say, I think this is correct, and mirrors what the Carpro folks would advise-recommend.

That this product seems to like being "Burnished" into the paint surface for greatest effect.

That's no doubt because of the fine correcting abrasives within which will refine the surface.

That, and as well, that this product seems to also behave closely to a true Glaze product. In that a Random Orbital Polisher of almost any kind, even be it a lowly Craftsman-Waxcoa-etc "Orbital Waxer" Machine would probably prove beneficial versus a hand application to aid and enhance it's "filling" capabilities by such random motions across the Paint.

WillSports3
04-13-2017, 07:21 PM
Unless your clearcoat is as soft as a Lexus or an Infiniti/Toyota and Nissan, an orange pad, or a medium cutting pad works best with Essence. Just ease off the last few passes, but don't be afraid to give it pressure during the first two or three passes. I do have to say it CAN be finicky depending on what you're using it for. It takes me about 8 passes to break it down with a black/no-cut pad so I can wipe it off easily but if you work it for too long, it gets difficult as well. Once you dial it in, it's a great product to use. The other trick too is I just spritz Eraser right on the residue sometimes so there's extra lubrication when I have to remove residue.

lane5515
04-13-2017, 08:59 PM
I found the following information on the CarPro Forums a while back. I pretty much follow this advice and get great results.

For fine finishing, do not prime the pads when using CarPro Essence.

Essence is quite unique, and differs from other polishes you may be used to .

For Essence:

- Do not prime your pad
- Use 2 small dots of product (perhaps 3-4 small dots on first pass with clean pad)
- Spread product quickly onto working area at machine speed 1
- Begin your first pass at a moderate speed (say around 4 on BOSS) with medium pressure
- Make 1-2 slow passes at this moderate speed with moderate pressure (ie up & down, then left to right)
- Make 1 final pass at a slower speed (2.5-3) with no pressure
- Wipe residue away (there should be very little since so little product was used to begin with)
- Clean pad & repeat on next section

If you use too much product, or work it too long it may be a bit difficult to remove, or you may see slight marring. The abrasives break down very quickly (just a couple passes), and you need very little product.

Once you get the hang of it, the process is very quick and easy!

Essence on a Scholl Concepts Neo Honey Spider, Megs MF, or a CarPro gloss pad USUALLY works very well!

Some light marring with Essence is possible on the very first section. When this happens try adding a few more drops of polish and hit the area again. Some paints are more susceptible to marring with a dry pad.

If you're using a microfiber cutting pad, you're probably looking to maximize cut. In this instance, lightly prime the MF pad with Essence, and use 2 small dots of product for each working section.
Again, clean the pad after each section.

kevincwelch
04-13-2017, 11:34 PM
For Essence:

If you use too much product, or work it too long it may be a bit difficult to remove, or you may see slight marring. The abrasives break down very quickly (just a couple passes), and you need very little product.

I definitely can attest to this fact. The first time this happened to me, I thought I had burned through the paint. Then I realized there was product left that was coming off with a great deal of difficulty. I had to use panel wipe to remove the residual product. After changing my pad and significantly reducing the amount of essence, it worked beautifully.

Personally I think this is a great foundation on which to top.

(Sent via my mobile device...)

WRAPT C5Z06
04-14-2017, 06:54 AM
I definitely can attest to this fact. The first time this happened to me, I thought I had burned through the paint. Then I realized there was product left that was coming off with a great deal of difficulty. I had to use panel wipe to remove the residual product. After changing my pad and significantly reducing the amount of essence, it worked beautifully.

Personally I think this is a great foundation on which to top.

What pad(s) do you use?

kevincwelch
04-14-2017, 07:41 AM
What pad(s) do you use?
Rupes white pads.

I just bought some CarPro gloss pads for Essence Plus, but I will use them with Essence as well.

See this thread.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/showthread.php?p=1372219

DetailKitty
04-14-2017, 08:48 AM
Rupes white pads.

I just bought some CarPro gloss pads for Essence Plus, but I will use them with Essence as well.

See this thread.

Car Pro Essence and Pad choice (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/showthread.php?p=1372219)

I'm kinda bummed I didn't see the gloss pads before I ordered new pads. Oh well.

WRAPT C5Z06
04-14-2017, 09:01 AM
Dylan @ Rupes stated this and I've found it to be true on SOFT paint. With that said, I've found the Rupes yellow pad to be the best finishing(and polishing) pad I've ever used on ALL paint systems.

"Its a problem that can actually manifest with really fine pads of all makes when used on the right (or in this case wrong) paint. If we think of it purely in terms of porosity the finer the foam the more foam is actually in contact with the surface (less pores) so you're increasing contact surfaces... with some paints this can lead to issues like light hazing or marring. Seems counter-intuitive, but when I've encountered this issue going UP a notch to the yellow pad has alleviated some or even completely eliminated the issue. Its one of the weirder phenomena I've ever encountered in polishing and its rare I see it, but it does happen."