PDA

View Full Version : Finishing polish buffing haze.

choijw2
04-12-2017, 03:43 PM
I am currently working on 2016 brz.

its brand new with 5k miles on it and I am doing light polish with menzerna sf4000 + LC hydrotech orange pad, but
its keep leaving me minor buffing trail.

Pad is primed, using 3 dots, tried light pressure and it left slight haze
so I gave little more pressure and slowed downed arm speed even more.
It helped, but still..... small spot with haze.

I can't figure it out what Im doing wrong and feel like I need to go back to very basic and start learning all over....

dlc95
04-12-2017, 03:47 PM
What tool are you using?

Sometimes Menzerna SF4000 + Tangerine Hydro likes to be spritzed with either water or Meguiar's M34 Final Inspection.

You're possibly "dry buffing".

dlc95
04-12-2017, 03:48 PM
Also, how many passes are you doing? At what speed on the tool?

Powerwheels
04-12-2017, 03:48 PM
I'm no pro, but could it be t be too much polish or not working the product in enough. I had this issue on my truck, working the product in more solved it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

fly07sti
04-12-2017, 04:05 PM
I'm no pro, but could it be t be too much polish or not working the product in enough. I had this issue on my truck, working the product in more solved it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I agree. I don't prime with Menz products. Just a few drops of product and 6-8 passes. Also FWIW, try stepping the pad down to a polishing pad. I've corrected many Subaru' including the two that I've owned with a LC white hybrid pad paired with Menz 4000.

choijw2
04-12-2017, 06:49 PM
I was using it with PC7424xp speed 4
I used 4 pea size drops and with menzerna diminisng abrasive, I do about 6 passes.

just did another test with griots boss yellow pad and it didn't leave haze so
I think like dlc95 said, I just need lube my pad more.

dlc95
04-12-2017, 07:21 PM
I was using it with PC7424xp speed 4
I used 4 pea size drops and with menzerna diminisng abrasive, I do about 6 passes.

just did another test with griots boss yellow pad and it didn't leave haze so
I think like dlc95 said, I just need lube my pad more.

You want to get that speed up to at least 5 or 6 with SF4000. It's going to take a long time to break those abrasives down at speed 4. M205 on speed 4, with that Tangering Hydrotech, no problem! But. You have an equally excellent polish, and it requires a different approach.

More polish initially will help get the pad moist. Sometimes with menzerna I start out with a ring of Polish around the circumference of the pad, and reload with two or three drops after that.

If I want to start out with three or four drops, I'll spritz (one spray) the pad with Meguiar's M34 Final Inspection. Be sure not to use a detail spray that contains waxes, or polymers, like Ultimate Quik Detailer, or M135. The protective ingredients will impede the cut of the abrasive.

You can also prime the pad in the manner that Mike Phillips uses here:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IHNmLI4bc0Y

The Hydrotech pads are awesome by far my favorite line of pads - hands down. I do use others, but I don't like them as much as I do the H20.

choijw2
04-13-2017, 12:09 PM
Forgot to add, on first run, I put X pattern and let it spin in one spot for few sections before start spreading the products.
After that I use 3-4 pea size dots.

btw I thought abrasives breaks down from the downward pressure.... no? maybe this is where I got things wrong....
I was thinking maybe I should slow down the speed setting and pressure if paint is softer.