PDA

View Full Version : Dodge DEMON Released...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

PA DETAILER
04-12-2017, 08:24 AM
All the info.....

]2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon - #ifyouknowyouknow (http://www.dodge.com/demon.html/SIZE)

WOW!!

Own a Hellcat? Trade it in. Your life is now pointless otherwise.

Hammer77
04-12-2017, 08:32 AM
Its a beast. I read a article this morning in the Detroit Free Press about it. 0-30mph in a second, 0-60mph in like 2.3 or 2.8? That's fast!

Eldorado2k
04-12-2017, 08:48 AM
I think the name is pretty cheesy.

Mike Phillips
04-12-2017, 09:08 AM
Is it me or does the body look like the other Dodges?

:dunno:

I was hoping for a change...

:)

DetailKitty
04-12-2017, 09:12 AM
Though I think this thing is awesome... I wonder how many idiots are gonna kill themselves showing off in the street.

brettS4
04-12-2017, 09:24 AM
I think the body style is going in the right direction. The previous models have all looked bloated (similar to the newish Camaro). At least with this the fender flares bring things into proper proportion, and the front spoiler lip gives it a nice line. I even like the hood scoop, which I think is done well.

I wonder if this is the new Barracuda. In any case, it's one of the very few Dodge models I'd like to try out. Altho I still think it screams small pee-pee.

FUNX650
04-12-2017, 10:07 AM
One of the Dodge "Demons"
from the 1970s:

https://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_26341.JPG

I owned its cousin, the Plymouth "Duster",
back in 1971:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/IMG_26352.JPG

Bob

oneheadlite
04-12-2017, 10:23 AM
Though I think this thing is awesome... I wonder how many idiots are gonna kill themselves/other people showing off in the street.

Wowza that thing is fast.

To BrettS4's comment- I do like the look of the Challengers, but always thought they looked like a 5/4ths scale model. Right shape and proportions, just too big.

I'm torn on the fender flares. They toughen it up, but the aftermarket has FLOODED with bolt on fender flares that look just like that. At least they're smoothed vs exposed bolts. Maybe I'm getting old, but I have a hard time getting into the bolt ons.

parshooter
04-12-2017, 12:26 PM
Can't wait to see one on the lot. Being a smaller dealer, probably be late in the year til we get one.

Bobby B.
04-12-2017, 01:13 PM
I just want a 392 Charger Scat Pack but the new Challenger SRT Demon is pretty cool.

Kamakaz1961
04-12-2017, 01:42 PM
I am a HUGE Ford Mustang Fanboy. That being said the salvo that was shot by Dodge has put BOTH Ford and Chevy on notice. The bottom line, it's a HUGE win to the consumer! I think this is so awesome! BTW, I know there may be some ticky tack well the Demon doesn't handle as well as the ZL1 or the Shelby GT350..etc. But how many times do you challenge someone on a track? My guess NEVER! But how many times do we challenge at a stoplight? That is all that matters.

KUDOS to Dodge! I tip my hat to you!

Jerry0
04-12-2017, 02:46 PM
I love seeing the resurrection of the Great American Muscle car.

PaulMys
04-12-2017, 05:53 PM
I think I'm in love!!! :)

ScottH
04-12-2017, 06:20 PM
With only 3,000 being produced, it will become an instant collectible! Clay bar it, apply favorite Carnauba and wrap up for 25 years. You'll likely triple your money.

ScottH

Klasse Act
04-12-2017, 06:39 PM
Yeah....wrap it in bubble wrap for 25 years, yeah, that's the spirit! I'm not slamming anyone here but rather the mentality of doing such a thing, hear me out. So you've preserved the car like Han Solo, meanwhile, you sit around your garage with your buddies talking about the numbers, yet, never experiencing them, pretty lame. All that tech to get the car to go that fast, wasted and on what, an investment! I know nothing about money because I have none but it seems to me there's better things to invest in, like GOLD or SILVER for instance.

Then there's the other group of people who will buy the car but drive it, but here's the catch there. The car stays in the garage till cruise night comes around, then it comes out and is driven straight to cruise night....early! The owner gets out, pops the trunk, pulls out the lawn chair or maybe he has a custom DEMON chair and he sits down in it. Then a pad is placed infront of the car/owner/chair where people can genuflect infront of the car and owner. While doing so you can thumb through a scrap book with all the articles, sheets, blah blah blah. There's even going to be some surely with red neon lights to replicate hell, probably some demonic "things" put under the hood and if your lucky, a couple of those crying kids on the front fender but here's the switch, these kids will be wearing a Camaro and Mustang shirt, showing they had been beaten by the Demon.

My buddy and I have a little contest to see how many of these things occur on our "Demon owner checklist", its going to be a great summer, I can't wait!