PDA

View Full Version : Defoamer for Pump Sprayer?

AustrianOak82
04-12-2017, 05:38 AM
I picked up a gallon of the CG Fabric Clean a while back for my business. It works fine, except that no matter how I dilute it, I always have trouble getting it to spray correctly. After fully pumping it I always end up with a good spray the 1st few seconds, and then it just starts spurting out bubbles and foam. I use the JR Pump-Up Sprayers for some of my bulk materials. Is there a defoamer or something that I can add to the sprayer to help control the consistency? I don't want to dilute it down further obviously, just something to help with the flow through the nozzle I guess. A defoamer was what I initially thought of. Thanks!

Setec Astronomy
04-12-2017, 05:43 AM
Sounds like you don't have enough liquid in your sprayer, and you're entraining air with it.

AustrianOak82
04-12-2017, 09:33 AM
Sounds like you don't have enough liquid in your sprayer, and you're entraining air with it.

Fortunately, I know how to use a spray bottle. I am guessing you don't have a recommendation then. Move on.

Mantilgh
04-12-2017, 09:59 AM
Maybe check the pickup tube to make sure it's not cracked or has a good connection to where it goes in.

Definitely sounds like it's drawing in air somewhere. Have you tried it in another similar sprayer to see if it does the same thing?

Adding a defoamer seems like an odd solution.