PDA

View Full Version : Bad bottle of Fast Correcting Cream

Pages : [1] 2

mwoywod
04-10-2017, 07:17 PM
Hey guys, I've been using Griot's FCC as my go to compound for most of my 1-step corrections and when I was over halfway through my first 16oz bottle I ordered another. Unfortunately instead of a thick creamy compound it's consistency is more like m205 if not a bit more runny. It's like the body of the compound has just completely disappeared and no matter how much I shake it doesn't change it's consistency. Has anyone else experienced this with FCC? I am extremely anal about keeping all of my polishes and compounds inside and I ordered this when the weather was beautiful so I don't think it was exposed to extreme heat/cold.

7.3powerstroke
04-10-2017, 07:21 PM
Does it still work the same?

brettS4
04-10-2017, 07:23 PM
I got a bottle of FCC just last week. I didn't check it until now but it's pretty thick. Nothing like M205.

mwoywod
04-10-2017, 07:23 PM
no, lots of sling and much shorter work time to the point that I can barely see it on the panel I'm working

mwoywod
04-10-2017, 07:27 PM
I still have some of my first bottle and it is EXTREMELY thick, I just called Griot's and they want me to send it in which I understand but I just bought it from AG a few weeks ago and now I'll have to pay for shipping to send back a bad product. Very frustrating. I would love to send it in so they can figure out what the problem is, but I would hope they would reimburse my shipping costs. Maybe I should talk to AG instead?

Setec Astronomy
04-10-2017, 07:40 PM
You should definitely talk to where you purchased it from.

mwoywod
04-10-2017, 07:40 PM
I have an Iphone 4 so cut me some slack on the photography.lol

zmcgovern45
04-10-2017, 07:41 PM
Just for the sake of making sure...... did you shake it well?

When left to sit, FCC (and most other products) will separate and therefore will seem quite thin. I buy FCC by the gallon, and you have to shake it very well before distributing to smaller bottles or else it is pretty runny. It has always worked the same for us though.

Setec Astronomy
04-10-2017, 07:53 PM
I've never used that product, but the one on the left is the one that doesn't look right to me. I don't think it should "stand up by itself". Reminds me of my 12 year old bottles of SSR that have dried out to the point where they do that, but they weren't like that when they were fresh.

And as Zach says, particularly with compounds, there's a lot of solids that can settle out over time and may need a lot of shaking to recombine...that is a nice feature of having clear bottles is a lot of times it can make it easier to see if they are not mixed up.

LittleKing24
04-10-2017, 08:07 PM
Every bottle I've ever had of FCC, which is only a few, has been liquidy. It hasnever been a thicker cream like the less aggressive polishes in the BOSS line, or picture you posted. I figured that was normal after using their older polishes that were also very liquidy. If it's supposed to be more of a cream, maybe there's a separation issue? Possibly due to heat?

osiapstndp
04-10-2017, 10:48 PM
My first two bottles of Fast Correcting Cream were very thin in consistency. I thought this was great because it helped to prime microfiber pads and ensured easier coverage. I had a bit of dusting with non-Boss pads, but nothing unmanageable. My last two bottles of Fast Correcting Cream (the one with the new label) are very thick and dust like no one's business. I add just a few tiny drops of M205 or Perfecting Cream onto the pad and it reduces dusting by quite a bit, but it adds to the overhead of a job.

I called Griot's Garage a couple months ago and asked if the product changed in any way. The representative said no.

mwoywod
04-10-2017, 11:26 PM
My first two bottles of Fast Correcting Cream were very thin in consistency. I thought this was great because it helped to prime microfiber pads and ensured easier coverage. I had a bit of dusting with non-Boss pads, but nothing unmanageable. My last two bottles of Fast Correcting Cream (the one with the new label) are very thick and dust like no one's business. I add just a few tiny drops of M205 or Perfecting Cream onto the pad and it reduces dusting by quite a bit, but it adds to the overhead of a job.

I called Griot's Garage a couple months ago and asked if the product changed in any way. The representative said no.

lol, from the responses I'm getting it sounds like no two bottles are the same...what a crapshoot

Eldorado2k
04-10-2017, 11:48 PM
Hey guys, I've been using Griot's FCC as my go to compound for most of my 1-step corrections and when I was over halfway through my first 16oz bottle I ordered another. Unfortunately instead of a thick creamy compound it's consistency is more like m205 if not a bit more runny. It's like the body of the compound has just completely disappeared and no matter how much I shake it doesn't change it's consistency. Has anyone else experienced this with FCC? I am extremely anal about keeping all of my polishes and compounds inside and I ordered this when the weather was beautiful so I don't think it was exposed to extreme heat/cold.

The same exact thing happened with my bottle of FCC, I even posted about it. I noticed the difference in consistency after I left it in my bag inside my trunk on a hot day, runny. I haven't used it too much since then as I've been using more Correcting Cream and don't usually need to step up, but I'll be P.O. If it's affected it's performance...

mwoywod
04-10-2017, 11:49 PM
I just opened two FCC sample packages and they both were nice thick creams not runny liquids like m205

mwoywod
04-10-2017, 11:54 PM
The same exact thing happened with my bottle of FCC, I even posted about it. I noticed the difference in consistency after I left it in my bag inside my trunk on a hot day, runny. I haven't used it too much since then as I've been using more Correcting Cream and don't usually need to step up, but I'll be P.O. If it's affected it's performance...

thank you, I really appreciate you saying that. I was beginning to think I was crazy. I talked to griots customer service and they said it's suppose to be a thick cream and it's actually suppose to be a thicker consistency than correcting cream. It seems like there is an issue here and a lot of guys are experiencing it, but because FCC is so good everyone has learned to adjust and make the products work regardless of how inconsistent the compounds consistency is.