PDA

View Full Version : Need help on what to buy

alexr1
04-09-2017, 10:26 PM
Hi,
I live in canada (eastern canada) and want to detail my car. It recently got a lot of new panels, which I want to protect but also want to give the very neglected panels (roof, one door, quarter panels, bumpers- rest of car has new panels with new paint). It's a wheat beige 2005 jetta. Can anyone guide me as to what I need to pick up? I am looking at an eshine website because its domestic and has some good prices. Currently I've gathered that i want to clay the car, polish it, then wax/seal it. I also have brand new rotiform wheels I'd like to protect.
Additionally, I have a rather large scratch on my 2016 golf I need to remove.
So far I've just purchased a griots garage 10813 polisher. What compounds, waxes, pads etc do I need to pick up? Want to spend a minimal amount but still get good performance. Also I have a foam cannon for my pressure washer and want to know- what mitts soaps etc are recommended? Preferably all from canadian retailers. Eshine seems good but open to recommendations. Thanks guys! I've spent way too much time trying to figure out what I need never arriving at a final conclusion.

Trip
04-10-2017, 08:12 AM
Hello as a fellow Canadian from Southern Ontario I would recommend the following. If you don't have a polisher making things better are going to be nearly impossible. I would grab some pad kits that comes with a few pads. And grab some Menzerna or HD speed products compounds and some All in One's. Autogeek has a kit with these items. As for the wheels get the Cquartz Wheel and trim kit it's a great product. While your shopping grab some clay bars and Iron x. You would be off to a good start with that setup. As for shopping between Eshine and Autogeek I have purchased through both. But have been pretty steady with Autogeek as this forum is great and usually their prices are way better even with the bad exchange rate for us Canadians. Not sure how close you are to the border but most UPS Locations allow you to ship items to there offices for a small fee.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)