PDA

View Full Version : hydro2 vs reload

beatdownxx
04-09-2017, 06:19 PM
This is my first post. ive been reading through the forum for a while and learned a lot. I'm trying to get into sealants and speed up my wash/clay/ (wax or seal) package. I have never used any sealants. I'm looking at hydro2 or reload for my first products to test. I have watched a lot of videos on both and water usage isn't a problem where I live. I am a mobile detailer so I will be working in the sun. I'm also open to any other suggestions from you pros. Thanks in advance.

bhonshell42
04-09-2017, 07:06 PM
Have you researched Mckee's 37 Hydro Blue?

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

beatdownxx
04-09-2017, 08:42 PM
no I have not, I'll look into it. I have also been recommended sonax polymer net shield but it looks to me it would take just as long as waxing by hand haha

Buster906
04-09-2017, 08:46 PM
I have both. I applied Hydro Blue Saturday and Sunday. One layer each day. PNS takes almost as long as waxing depending on the type of wax used.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Setec Astronomy
04-09-2017, 08:49 PM
I'm not sure those would be my first choices to explore the world of sealants. There can be significant issues with both those products if they dry on the surface improperly.

Since you are a pro trying to cut down on your wax time, have you considered a spray wax/sealant that you might be able to combine with your drying process? Something like Aquawax, D156, or Optimum Car Wax? Or perhaps a dozen others. You might also try a WOWA sealant like Opti-Seal, Wolfgang Deep Gloss Liquid Seal, Blackfire Crystal Seal, or Ultima Paint Guard Plus.

glfnaz
04-09-2017, 09:09 PM
^^^^ agree
WOWA

10-12 minutes. My favorite is the WG L S. Probably 40 cars can be done per bottle.

beatdownxx
04-10-2017, 05:06 AM
thanks for the input guys. I'll research these today and make my purchase tonight

MattPersman
04-10-2017, 05:29 AM
Eh. I would buy a concentrate of hydro2 and dilute somewhere around 7:1 with distilled water. See how that works for you with a few cars. Just do a panel or two at a time in the sun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TTQ B4U
04-10-2017, 07:26 AM
Eh. I would buy a concentrate of hydro2 and dilute somewhere around 7:1 with distilled water. See how that works for you with a few cars. Just do a panel or two at a time in the sun

you mean not in the sun I hope!

To the OP'er: I've used and use both. Both work well but can streak requiring a final wipe down with a diluted version of them to remove. They work well though. Reload still yields a tendency to water spot in summer though. I now use Hydro2 for customer wheels and reload is a mix in my "blue juice" detail spray as noted:

My Blue Juice

1oz CarPro ECH20 to 20oz Distilled water
Add 2-3oz CarPro Reload

Wipe on, flip rag, buff. Done! Do this after every wash and the hydrophobic properties will stun you.

MattPersman
04-10-2017, 11:56 AM
He said he is working in the sun

If he was in the shade I would have said spray the whole car down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beatdownxx
04-12-2017, 05:57 AM
I ordered hydro2. gonna mix at 4:1. plan on doing car panel by panel. if I streak I can respray with a more diluted solution and buff streaks away?

Setec Astronomy
04-12-2017, 06:14 AM
if I streak I can respray with a more diluted solution and buff streaks away?

If you're fast.

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/104675-marks-windows-hydro2-help.html

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/104830-hydro2-left-spots-my-new-car-bike-help.html

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/108697-carpro-hydro2-lite-streaks-spots-everytime.html

robwoodgto
05-28-2017, 02:39 PM
you mean not in the sun I hope!

To the OP'er: I've used and use both. Both work well but can streak requiring a final wipe down with a diluted version of them to remove. They work well though. Reload still yields a tendency to water spot in summer though. I now use Hydro2 for customer wheels and reload is a mix in my "blue juice" detail spray as noted:

My Blue Juice

1oz CarPro ECH20 to 20oz Distilled water
Add 2-3oz CarPro Reload

Wipe on, flip rag, buff. Done! Do this after every wash and the hydrophobic properties will stun you.

Have you ever tried your "Blue Juice" as a drying aid?
Ron