PDA

View Full Version : What is the best Microfiber wash?

Pages : [1] 2

DetailRay
04-09-2017, 08:42 AM
I have a bunch on microfiber cloths I have been using. I wash them with laundry detergent and softner. Afterwards I put them in the dryer. I realized that the performance is not the same afterwards. I read up the heat in the dryer kills microfober cloths and softner blocks the absorption qualities.

What I want to know is what detergents do you guys use and recommend please?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Hammer77
04-09-2017, 09:01 AM
I have used All Free and Clear with good results. A few months ago I started using Poorboy's World Typhoon Microfiber Cleaner, all I use now, great stuff!

RTexasF
04-09-2017, 09:47 AM
I wash them with laundry detergent and softner.

There's your problem. NEVER use a fabric softener of any type. I have towels over five years old machine washed/dried and they work as they did when new.
Use any laundry detergent that is free of fabric softeners and perfumes/scent. I have read that you can boil the contaminated towels and it will release the softeners from them but I don't know that for fact.

Asking for the best? You will get as many opinions as there are brand names. What's the best car? Shoes? Breakfast cereal?
All are subjective.

Boudin
04-09-2017, 11:53 AM
Ive tried a bunch and my favorite is Poorboys Typhoon. The only one that restores absorbency to towels that have wax/sealants in them AND softness. Of course it cleans amazingly well also.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Mantilgh
04-09-2017, 06:12 PM
I just picked up Poorboys microfiber cleaner and their pad cleaner. I've got a load of towels soaking right now.

tpr1634
04-09-2017, 06:15 PM
For me and for the money 3D

Ceerokz
04-09-2017, 07:51 PM
Griots Garage mf cleaner and tide pods- free and gentle. Warm wash. And hang dry

Jeremy1976
04-09-2017, 07:53 PM
Micro Restore.

cyclops
04-09-2017, 07:57 PM
Agree with RTexasF the issue may be with the fabric softener in the detergent. Try rewashing them in a good microfiber detergent and add a little vinegar in the rinse.
As far as which microfiber detergent any good quality detergent will work. Personally have always used micro-restore or Wolfgang, never had any issues.
Some will disagree but I always wash in warm water, hot if really dirty. Dry on low and you should be good to go.

Photomask
04-09-2017, 08:07 PM
Any detergeant that does not have fabric softener and dry on low heat. Try to get the wife to run a load through the washer & dryer without softener just prior to running your load of MF to clean up the machines a bit. Poorboy's, 3D, CG, even Woolite. Take your pick. Pre-soak in a bucket of water/detergeant as long as you can and let the detergeant chew on the grime for a while. Then throw them in the washer on warm and continue on. Do not throw in anything else to fill up the load. Lint and residual softeners in clothes will clog/ruin MF. Once clean, keep them sealed in bags or a bin and away from other fabrics for the same reason.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

Mantilgh
04-10-2017, 09:34 AM
First load with Poorboys went well. I believe my interior towels look cleaner than they been coming out and feel great.

I had about 30 towels, 25 all purpose, and my lesser drying towels. Presoaked them for and hour or two in a 5 gallon bucket with 2 1/2 gallons hot water and 1 oz of cleaner. Squeezed some of the water out then threw them in the washer with 2 oz.

I'm soaking some seriously nasty cotton bath towels in the leftover presoak solution.

DetailRay
04-10-2017, 07:48 PM
Thanks so much for all the great input guys!!

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Photomask
04-10-2017, 08:51 PM
Washing machines limit contact time with soap to a very short period. Pre-soaking is your best friend in this process. It will get out all sorts of grime that would normally remain. If it's oily residues, include degreaser in your pre-soak.

How did they turn out? We are a results driven people.... :-)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

custmsprty
04-10-2017, 09:17 PM
I have used All Free and Clear with good results. A few months ago I started using Poorboy's World Typhoon Microfiber Cleaner, all I use now, great stuff!

I used All Free & Clear for years, now I use 3d Towel Kleen.

custmsprty
04-10-2017, 09:23 PM
For me and for the money 3D

Amen to that.

3d Towel Kleen @ $17.99 per gallon w/o any sales or discounts vs. PB @ $32.99 per gallon?

I bet I don't even use a full ounce of TK in my HE washer per load.