PDA

View Full Version : Snow foam leaving dry marks

Jmbrown415
04-08-2017, 05:06 PM
Hi all,

not sure what is going wrong here, was ok the first time I snow foamed.

unfortunately, today when I snow foamed the car and left it sit I noticed quite bad drying marks + spots.

left the foam to do its thing for 5 mins as usual. Any ideas? I guess the only difference snow foaming today was the weather, it was sunny and about 22 degrees Celsius.

It it was ok as I was waxing the car today which removed the drying marks but obviously want to avoid this in future. Today I also didn't rinse the car down first , snow foamed when dry. Not sure if that has an effect?

thanks
justin

Jmbrown415
04-08-2017, 05:07 PM
Also worth noting I am using auto finesse avalanche, brilliant stuff generally

JimmyH5
04-08-2017, 07:02 PM
I've only snow foamed after rinsing... always thought it was the way to do it... rinsing off anything that would interfere with the snow foams cleaning ability; maybe that is all the difference it takes, but I'd bet on the sun factor being more of a concern.

TMQ
04-08-2017, 07:11 PM
A hot car isn't a good thing to wash on. You'll need cool, dry surface. Anything--soap, foam, water will leave a mark if left on paint to "cook".

Tom

PA DETAILER
04-09-2017, 05:23 AM
Never had this happen. Even in the sun. Rinse the vehicle off with cold water first, then foam it.

Mantilgh
04-09-2017, 08:42 AM
Just a foam and rinse, or did you physically wash it and were still left with streaks?