PDA

View Full Version : Cure time using reload over fresh cquartz standard

suke
04-06-2017, 02:33 PM
So after researching I'm coming up with some conflicting info. Cure time, without IR lights, is 48 hours. Reload can be applied within an hour of cquartz going down, correct? How does that affect cure time? From what I was reading at that point it's good to go.....cure time is essentially immediate. Which I found odd.

Is that indeed true? In which case why wouldn't you want to just toss reload on within the hour to speed up cure time and get the car back to the client faster....considering IR lights weren't in the picture of course.

MarkD51
04-06-2017, 03:36 PM
As I understand it, the non-pro versions of CQuartz used without IR Lamps take an average of a week to fully cure.

And that Reload can be used as a temporary "protectant" of the coating in the meantime, and applied in as little as an hour after application of CQuartz.

Corey can perhaps elaborate more, if Reload applied on top effects the final curing time of the Coating slightly one way or the other? Of this I don't know?

The reason for the suggested application of Reload, is that laid bare, and without Reload, the CQ Coating can be susceptible to possible water spotting while final curing occurs.

My personal opinion on how soon one can apply Reload after the Coating Application is, it would not hurt anything to err on a slightly longer initial dry time.

And as well I'd suggest, during such initial cure time, don't touch nothing! Go by time, not by testing if it's dry by a finger swipe 20 or so minutes into initial drying!

Let's say 1-1/2, 2 or more hours, provided that dusts-dirts aren't settling upon the paint surface won't be harmful, and in fact probably beneficial.

Such as dusts settling on anything are a real problem for me here in the desert southwest. Without a garage, you can then be at the mercy of the "Weather-Gods", which is commonly a major problem for anything I do outside here.

With a Garage, and clean conditions, wouldn't hurt a thing to let CQuartz sit untreated with Reload for 24 hours or more, as long as no dusts or wet conditions would be encountered.

suke
04-06-2017, 04:21 PM
As I understand it, the non-pro versions of CQuartz used without IR Lamps take an average of a week to fully cure.

And that Reload can be used as a temporary "protectant" of the coating in the meantime, and applied in as little as an hour after application of CQuartz.

Corey can perhaps elaborate more, if Reload applied on top effects the final curing time of the Coating slightly one way or the other? Of this I don't know?

The reason for the suggested application of Reload, is that laid bare, and without Reload, the CQ Coating can be susceptible to possible water spotting while final curing occurs.

My personal opinion on how soon one can apply Reload after the Coating Application is, it would not hurt anything to err on a slightly longer initial dry time.

And as well I'd suggest, during such initial cure time, don't touch nothing! Go by time, not by testing if it's dry by a finger swipe 20 or so minutes into initial drying!

Let's say 1-1/2, 2 or more hours, provided that dusts-dirts aren't settling upon the paint surface won't be harmful, and in fact probably beneficial.

Such as dusts settling on anything are a real problem for me here in the desert southwest. Without a garage, you can then be at the mercy of the "Weather-Gods", which is commonly a major problem for anything I do outside here.

With a Garage, and clean conditions, wouldn't hurt a thing to let CQuartz sit untreated with Reload for 24 hours or more, as long as no dusts or wet conditions would be encountered.
It'll be in my garage the whole time. Once I start a detail my door stays shut to minimize dust or other particulates.

That makes perfect sense. I was watching a video of another brand coating where they waited 8-12 hours for their coating to cure then topped it with essentially their version of reload...largely for similar effect I gather.

After the 48 hours it would return home to the client where it could see some moisture.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Rsurfer
04-06-2017, 05:00 PM
It'll be in my garage the whole time. Once I start a detail my door stays shut to minimize dust or other particulates.

That makes perfect sense. I was watching a video of another brand coating where they waited 8-12 hours for their coating to cure then topped it with essentially their version of reload...largely for similar effect I gather.

After the 48 hours it would return home to the client where it could see some moisture.

Get a IR lamp.

suke
04-07-2017, 09:36 PM
Get a IR lamp.
While that seems like a simple solution I just don't have the space for the size of IR lights it'd be worth using to cut down on the cure time significantly. Nor do I do coatings enough to justify it. Space is my largest limitation, and that part definitely won't be changing any time soon.

GSKR
04-08-2017, 05:52 AM
after 3 hrs with proof your fine.moisture is not gonna ruin the job.I've done and tried every coating once the paint is propped and you apply it 3 to 4 hrs its not coming off.On some of my maintenance customers I wash reload the body and skim the mirrors and front bumpers with cq UK or any other coating.The next following month I go back and do it all over again and the coating is present.You truly don't need all that time for cure.

GSKR
04-08-2017, 05:56 AM
Your just overthinking this.you will be good as soon as you apply it with proper prep.I've done jets floors cars you name I've done it .Even applied.it to air-conditioned units outside.

Mike Phillips
04-11-2017, 06:07 AM
Your just overthinking this.

you will be good as soon as you apply it with proper prep

I agree with Jeff. Don't go overboard on something that's really very simple. If you want to hedge your bets, then simply don't drive the car for a window of time, 12 to 24 hours.

Then move on with life...

:)

KMG
04-11-2017, 07:16 AM
If it is a nice day after you coat the car, simply pull it out in the sunlight and it will naturally bake the coating. I would recommend waiting at least an hour after application before applying Reload however, and I am pretty sure this is usually what Corey recommends also.

suke
04-12-2017, 03:23 PM
I agree with Jeff. Don't go overboard on something that's really very simple. If you want to hedge your bets, then simply don't drive the car for a window of time, 12 to 24 hours.

Then move on with life...

:)

Easy enough!

If it is a nice day after you coat the car, simply pull it out in the sunlight and it will naturally bake the coating. I would recommend waiting at least an hour after application before applying Reload however, and I am pretty sure this is usually what Corey recommends also.
The pollen is horrendous this time of year and I'm doing this car next week. Definitely don't want any pollen stuck in the coating. So it'll stay in my garage until the last possible moment before the owner picks it up.

So plan of attack is to just let it sit in my garage and do a follow up maintenance wash in a few weeks to inspect the coating and apply reload then.