PDA

View Full Version : Prep prior to Sonax Fallout and clay mit

grambow
04-06-2017, 12:39 PM
What is the consensus for prepping the surface prior to chemically removing fallout with Sonax followed by washing with a clay mitt? I'm in WI and last fall I protected with a layer of 845. This spring, I've been drying with the aid of Megs Quick Wax. I am wondering if I need to do any stripping of the protection prior to the Sonax to get the most out of it? My research has shown the best way to remove protection is by polishing. Still, I do have Gyeon Prep to replace IPA for removing residue/oils while polishing. Should I use the Prep prior to the Sonax, you think?

RaydiantDetail
04-06-2017, 02:36 PM
You could follow the steps as laid out by Mike Phillips in the below article since its speaks to the exact product you are going to use :) You should not need to use Gyeon Prep prior to Sonax Fallout.

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-mike-phillips-your-detailing-questions/108879-sonax-fallout-remover-how-chemically-decontaminate-paint-before-restoring-show-car-finish-mike-phillips.html

WRAPT C5Z06
04-06-2017, 04:27 PM
Regular wash, dry, IronX, rinse, clay, etc...

TMQ
04-06-2017, 05:52 PM
I like this..cuz I'm lazy.

If car not too dirty then hit with IronX at the beginning then foam on top of IronX and wash.
Rinse off foam/dirt/IronX.
Do 2nd Foam and clay using foam as a lubricant.
rinse and dry.

Tom