PDA

View Full Version : Water spots

patman92
04-06-2017, 05:15 AM
So I keep getting water spots on my windshield but it's only when the windshield gets wet. I was thinking about clay baring it but does anyone have any tips or tricks I could try. Also the vehicle is a 2016 Chevy Colorado

Eldorado2k
04-06-2017, 05:24 AM
Check your windshield wiper fluid level and use it frequently.

Mike Phillips
04-06-2017, 05:49 AM
Compound it each time you compound the paint.

Or if you're only using a polish then polish it each time you polish the paint.

:)

TTQ B4U
04-06-2017, 06:37 AM
Strip it completely and then apply a good glass coating.

I clean mine with 3D Eraser Gel and a Magic Eraser pad. This will strip any waxes, sealants, etc. off and clean it extremely well. I clean mine until the water litterally "hangs" on and doesn't sheet or bead at all. Then you know you're at pure clean virgin glass. Dry it completely, let it finish air drying and then put two coats of McKey's Glass coating or simliar on it.

Once treated you'll be good to go. Optimum OptiSeal is an excellent Wipe on Walk Away paint sealant and it's just as good on glass between coatings. Since I've been doing this, the wipers on our vehicles are squeak and shudder free. No issues at all with water spots either. If you do get any on the glass or paint though, CarPro Spotless is the answer. Works awesome! With two black cars and summer around the corner, I know.

Eldorado2k
04-06-2017, 07:10 AM
@pdqgp. He should watch your glass coating vid. You do it right.

Whiplash Willy
04-07-2017, 03:56 PM
Strip it completely and then apply a good glass coating.

I clean mine with 3D Eraser Gel and a Magic Eraser pad. This will strip any waxes, sealants, etc. off and clean it extremely well. I clean mine until the water litterally "hangs" on and doesn't sheet or bead at all. Then you know you're at pure clean virgin glass. Dry it completely, let it finish air drying and then put two coats of McKey's Glass coating or simliar on it.

Once treated you'll be good to go. Optimum OptiSeal is an excellent Wipe on Walk Away paint sealant and it's just as good on glass between coatings. Since I've been doing this, the wipers on our vehicles are squeak and shudder free. No issues at all with water spots either. If you do get any on the glass or paint though, CarPro Spotless is the answer. Works awesome! With two black cars and summer around the corner, I know.

@pdqgp. He should watch your glass coating vid. You do it right.

Is there a link to @pdqgp's glass coating vid? I would like to see it!

Rsurfer
04-07-2017, 05:16 PM
So I keep getting water spots on my windshield but it's only when the windshield gets wet. I was thinking about clay baring it but does anyone have any tips or tricks I could try. Also the vehicle is a 2016 Chevy Colorado

It's hard to get water spots on your windshield if it doesn't get wet.
Coating it will help, but not a guaranty. If your getting spotting from a sprinkler it can be a problem not easily solved. Turn the head in the opposite direction, put a can on it, remove it completely, park some where else.