PDA

View Full Version : Jumping in.

Inside Man
04-04-2017, 08:22 PM
Well guys, years ago I was on this forum for a short time because starting my dream was short lived. I started a detailing business and while the money was great all summer the winter came. I was trying to save for a weading and buy a house and basically start my life.
Well I'm sure we all know how the story ends. Long story short, I'm ready to get this business off the ground but with the understanding that this is a hobby for me. I only want to do this on the side to keep this a passionate game for me. I have a great job so between that and Army 11B that's all it can be at this point anyways.

I have a bunch of pads and materials at home as well as a high speed buffer and a GEM orbital buffer. With these and Meguires I've always been able to get the job done. However it's time to get with the new ages and update.

Tonight I purchased almost $800.00 worth of stuff to bring me up to date and get the ball rolling. What do you think?

Flex XC3401
4" changeable backing plate system
Lake Country Tangerine, Crimson, and Cyan 5" foam pads
Wolfgang swirl remover 3.0
Wolfgang Finishing Glaze 3.0
Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant
Black fire Total Trim and Tire Sealant
6 Pack of Wobbie MF Towels
Mega Applicator Combo Kit

I'll be using the new Flex and products on my Black Challenger SRT. The paints in bad shape so ........

DaveT435
04-04-2017, 09:46 PM
Welcome! Looks like a pretty good start. Have fun

ViperGuy21
04-04-2017, 10:26 PM
Welcome! Cool shipment, and cool car!

GSKR
04-05-2017, 06:17 AM
I personally would of went with sonax.All there stuff is the latest. The machine is a great choice.

Inside Man
04-05-2017, 06:59 AM
Thanks fellas. Even though I haven't been on here in some time I still was keeping a close eye out for Mike on YouTube.
My next purchase is going to be a Steam Machine. Not so thrilled with them for exterior however I think there invaluable for interiors.
Hope you gentleman are having a good day. Detail on.

Mike Phillips
04-05-2017, 09:04 AM
Tonight I purchased almost $800.00 worth of stuff to bring me up to date and get the ball rolling. What do you think?

Flex XC3401
4" changeable backing plate system
Lake Country Tangerine, Crimson, and Cyan 5" foam pads
Wolfgang swirl remover 3.0
Wolfgang Finishing Glaze 3.0
Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant
Black fire Total Trim and Tire Sealant
6 Pack of Wobbie MF Towels
Mega Applicator Combo Kit

I'll be using the new Flex and products on my Black Challenger SRT. The paints in bad shape so ........

Nice selection, welcome back to the game!

The Hydro-Tech pads you purchased are good, next time I would suggest the 5" Hybrid pads. The foam will tend to last longer because it's more elastic and the backing is 4" made to match the backing plate adapter you purchased.

I actually cover some information about closed cell and open cell foam technology on pages 72 and 73 of my how-to book "The Complete Guide to a Show Car Shine".

Already looking forward to hearing of your results.

:)