PDA

View Full Version : Cards Disappearing

DogRescuer
04-02-2017, 05:29 AM
I swear they're being used for kindling or eaten. I like many of you have a couple businesses in town that allow me to keep a supply of my business cards on their front counter, that's great. The cards are being taken which is great but where the heck are the phone calls.
Do any of you deal with a similar situation?

What are some of your methods to get your cards out?

Thanks Steve

Buff-N-Glo
04-02-2017, 06:46 AM
This is because not everyone you hand a card out to is going to call you. You might get 1 out of 20 people, you might get 1 out of 50 people, you might just get 1 out of the whole box of cards you have bought. But if that 1 out of the whole box turns into a good deal then can you say it was worth it?

VR8
04-02-2017, 06:50 AM
Cards are one of the cheapest methods of advertising. They are also "a dime a dozen" as far as how many an individual collects/saves/throws away. Each card could be viewed like a grain of sand on the beach instead of the billboard that is posted along the road to the beach. IMHO

DogRescuer
04-02-2017, 07:01 AM
Great advice guys, I also at times will put my cards on some windshields.

DARK HORSE
04-02-2017, 07:50 AM
^^ I would not do that. IMO, I think this is very unprofessional. Really tics me off when/ if anyone thinks they have the right to touch my car in any way shape or form!

DogRescuer
04-02-2017, 07:55 AM
Hmmm something to think about.

briarpatch
04-02-2017, 08:31 AM
Great advice guys, I also at times will put my cards on some windshields.

Not to bust your chops...but the card I find on my windshield is the one most likely to get thrown away

Dmb5450
04-02-2017, 08:39 AM
Not to bust your chops...but the card I find on my windshield is the one most likely to get thrown away

Agree, if anything is on my car I will call that number and express my discomfort with them touching my car, I would then tell everyone I know to never do business with that place. That's just my feelings other people may love finding a business card on their car. Perhaps they would feel special like you hand selected them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brettS4
04-02-2017, 09:04 AM
Yeah, the people most likely to want their car detailed are the ones who really dislike anyone touching it without permission. Whenever I find something placed on my car, it immediately goes into the 'do not ever do business with this company' file.

dcjredline
04-02-2017, 09:07 AM
I too take it very unkindly when I find someone thinks they can just touch my stuff like that. Lean over my fender, pull up my wipers (which could slam down depending on how high they pick it up and break my windshield), and leave something under it. Or push something into my window molding. Just erks me. Like paying to go to a car show (Carlisle) and coming back to my car and it looks like some trash bin for flyers!!! UGH

expdetailing
04-02-2017, 10:23 AM
if you wanted to leave a business car on a vehicle, maybe aim for the ones you see with a particular problem and then write something specific on the card. An example could include, a car with paint transfer, a Jeep/Avalanche with gray molding(s), etc..
Say something nice about their car, say who you are, and how you can help them.

rlmccarty2000
04-02-2017, 12:41 PM
I too hate finding anything on my car. I usually toss it on the ground. Most people I know feel the same way. Cards are a great tool, leave them at parts stores and tack them to businesses bulletin boards, but don't leave them on cars.

Brandon Wetch
04-02-2017, 05:38 PM
I used to do that, there is ZERO return for putting them on a vehicle. We have a nice sushi shop nearby, I know the owner, he let me put my cards in. A few taken, no calls. Right now all my business comes in from NextDoor. The people are great, great cars and they pay well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DogRescuer
04-03-2017, 05:44 AM
PROBLEM : If the owner of a establishment allows me to leave my cards on their counter they can get lost with everyone else's cards.
My Solution : I ask them, if I provide my own card holder can it be exclusively for my cards ONLY.
Its worked so far.