PDA

View Full Version : Tornadoe black troubleshoot

ALLN1WASH
04-01-2017, 03:43 PM
Hey autogeek. I honestly haven't used my tornador black in about two months. Well, this morning I broke it out and I'm not getting any rotation. I cleaned it( bucket method) then blew everything with air hose and still not getting rotation. I am able to rotate it by hand with no problem and even tried the hand rotation while squeezing the trigger in an attempt to "jump start" it. No luck at all. Any/all suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks

WAXOFF
04-01-2017, 04:17 PM
Well I wish I had a solid answer but I've had mine for a few years and have never had this problem. In my mind Without taking one apart I would think that there is an orifice blocked with some debris or scum for APC etc. I would take it apart and soak it in concentrated APC and maybe spray some WD-40 through and rinse and blow it out but only a guess on my part.

AeroCleanse
04-01-2017, 05:32 PM
You need more air pressure.

ALLN1WASH
04-01-2017, 05:45 PM
You need more air pressure.

I honestly don't think the air pressure is the issue. I did a lot of research prior to buying the tornador. The compressor delivers more pressure and cfm's than what's actually required.

bill walsh
04-01-2017, 06:54 PM
how about the air/cleaning fluid lever?

ALLN1WASH
04-01-2017, 07:05 PM
I'm getting the full amount of fluid spray, just no rotation.

AeroCleanse
04-01-2017, 07:58 PM
I'm getting the full amount of fluid spray, just no rotation.

You need more air pressure at the gun, I had the same issue and turned my compressor up to 82 psi and it fixed it.

ALLN1WASH
04-01-2017, 10:49 PM
You need more air pressure at the gun, I had the same issue and turned my compressor up to 82 psi and it fixed it.
Alright, I'll crank it up a bit and give it another shot in the morning. Thanks.

AeroCleanse
04-01-2017, 11:26 PM
Alright, I'll crank it up a bit and give it another shot in the morning. Thanks.

Just don't go above 90 psi.

LSNAutoDetailing
04-02-2017, 07:03 AM
The nozzle is probably gummed up. Happens to mine, even if I do the bucket / squeeze the trigger trick at the end of use.
Take a bucket of warm water, let it soak for a while... Work the nozzle by hand while in the water, hopefully this will break up any gunk dried in it.
Then reconnect to your air compressor and give it go.

ALLN1WASH
04-05-2017, 09:29 PM
The nozzle is probably gummed up. Happens to mine, even if I do the bucket / squeeze the trigger trick at the end of use.
Take a bucket of warm water, let it soak for a while... Work the nozzle by hand while in the water, hopefully this will break up any gunk dried in it.
Then reconnect to your air compressor and give it go.
Oh yeah. That did the trick. I was able to use it flawlessly today for hours. Thanks buddy.

MadMax
04-09-2017, 01:09 AM
Is the tornador really a time saver? What do you guys like using of the most for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AeroCleanse
04-09-2017, 04:04 PM
Is the tornador really a time saver? What do you guys like using of the most for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes its a great time saver. I use it for everything except paint and glass.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
04-11-2017, 09:31 AM
Glad you got it sorted out.

I was going to mention making sure the attachment with the round brass knob is set in the full flow position.