PDA

View Full Version : Severe water spots after foaming

robwoodgto
04-01-2017, 01:05 PM
I put some Mother's car wash in my foam gun and went to spraying on my black Acura. Foamed pretty good and I thought heck yeah, this is going great. Then started to wash the car using 2 bucket method with Mother's car wash. The problem began when the sun came out and I could not finish washing, rinsing, and drying the car off before my rinse started to dry. Then, after drying I noticed severe water spots and drips. I was able to remove all of the water spots and drip stains finally by using a polishing foam pad and Mother's Brazilian Cleaning Wax and the car finished really nice. I have no shade in which to wash the vehicle. How do I prevent the potential of the foam and/or car wash drying causing this issue? Could it be the Mother's product?

Thanks,
Ron

Eldorado2k
04-01-2017, 01:26 PM
Use a "drying aid" such as this Mothers Showtime Quik Detailer.

http://www.autogeek.net/motcalgolind.html

Immediately after your final rinse, spritz down a panel right before you're about to dry it, doesn't take much just a couple of sprays per panel and you'll be able to wipe away any post wash water spots with ease.

http://www.autogeek.net/mothers-professional-instant-detailer.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rsurfer
04-01-2017, 01:49 PM
Never let it dry..keep it wet and wash early mornings or late afternoon when the sun is not strong.

VISITOR
04-01-2017, 03:36 PM
another option is rinseless washing that you can do one panel at a time...

PaulMys
04-01-2017, 05:17 PM
Never let it dry..keep it wet and wash early mornings or late afternoon when the sun is not strong.

Your two best bets. I have no available shade either, so it's early morning or RW for me.

robwoodgto
04-01-2017, 05:51 PM
Use a "drying aid" such as this Mothers Showtime Quik Detailer.

Mothers California Gold Showtime Instant Detailer is an excellent quick detail spray to maintain the shine of Mothers Waxes between wax applications. (http://www.autogeek.net/motcalgolind.html)

Immediately after your final rinse, spritz down a panel right before you're about to dry it, doesn't take much just a couple of sprays per panel and you'll be able to wipe away any post wash water spots with ease.

Mothers Professional Instant Detailer (http://www.autogeek.net/mothers-professional-instant-detailer.html)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for he heads up on the QD. The sun came out so fast and so hot I was cooked within 10 minutes. It is ironic I start washing when it is cloudy and within a few minutes I have done worked up a sweat trying to beat the sun. Only in south Louisiana. Since I had a half bottle of Meguiars quick detail and I planned on claying my Sienna I never thought of using a QD. I will definitely have a gallon on hand after this weekend.

I agree. I usually wash around 7:00AM but you would know I had a dentist appt at 7:00AM this morning so it was close to 10:00AM by the time I got to washing it.

After my Mother's Cleaner Wax fix, I had to wash my Sienna and I washed it section by section still using the 2 bucket method but have a gallon of McKee's 37 N-914 coming in for my Rinseless and a gallon of Mothers showtime detailer as my qd.

Your two best bets. I have no available shade either, so it's early morning or RW for me.

My thoughts exactly.

robwoodgto
04-01-2017, 05:55 PM
Just for thoughts, is it normal for a car wash product like Mother's to streak and cause terrible spots if it dries on paint? I started to think maybe I used too much?

PaulMys
04-01-2017, 06:05 PM
Yeah, pretty much. Especially in that sun/heat you have down there.

Powerwheels
04-11-2017, 03:19 PM
2 things I simply do not do, wash in the sun and quick detail a dry car.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk