PDA

View Full Version : Black CTS-V With Micro Swirls

sawacs
04-01-2017, 12:46 AM
I managed to put some swirly micro scratches in the paint of my black CTS and they are very apparent when the sun hits them at a certain angle.

I also have the Porter Cable with a large selection of pads along with polishes.

Since I have been a long time Zaino user, I would prefer to try removing the swirls with the ZAIO and the Porter Cable. What pad would you guys recommend I go with to get rid of the swirls?

Using the Porter Cable should have happened sooner but I am a little scared of messing up the paint on the CTSV;)

I have the following Smart Pads: Blue, White, and Orange

Also, I have the following Wolfgang products but am afraid to mix Zaino and Wolfgang together: Total Swirl Remover, Finishing Glaze, Deep Gloss Paint Sealant, and Paintwork Polish Enhancer.

Thanks,

Sawacs

Eldorado2k
04-01-2017, 12:49 AM
Before you jump into polishing, make sure to do a baggie test to see if you need to clay, if your paint is rough you shouldn't polish without claying 1st.

AeroCleanse
04-01-2017, 01:17 AM
After washing and claying, try Sonax Perfect Finish on a polishing pad.

sawacs
04-01-2017, 02:16 AM
After washing and claying, try Sonax Perfect Finish on a polishing pad.

Try Sonax even though I have all of the products listed above?

DBAILEY
04-01-2017, 04:52 AM
With your products, you can try ZAIO and a white pad to start. If not enough cut then try white pad and the Finishing Glaze. If still not enough cut then you could try the orange pad and the Finishing Glaze or white pad and the Total Swirl Remover. If still not enough cut then try orange pad and Total Swirl Remover.

MattPersman
04-01-2017, 07:44 AM
I agree with DBAILEY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GSKR
04-01-2017, 07:46 AM
I managed to put some swirly micro scratches in the paint of my black CTS and they are very apparent when the sun hits them at a certain angle.

I also have the Porter Cable with a large selection of pads along with polishes.

Since I have been a long time Zaino user, I would prefer to try removing the swirls with the ZAIO and the Porter Cable. What pad would you guys recommend I go with to get rid of the swirls?

Using the Porter Cable should have happened sooner but I am a little scared of messing up the paint on the CTSV;)

I have the following Smart Pads: Blue, White, and Orange

Also, I have the following Wolfgang products but am afraid to mix Zaino and Wolfgang together: Total Swirl Remover, Finishing Glaze, Deep Gloss Paint Sealant, and Paintwork Polish Enhancer.

Thanks,

Sawacs

Carpro reflect on a finishing pad and take your time.Done many of cadillac with the same problem.you may need to repolish the car first with sonax proline finish or cut and shine then repolish with Carpro reflect.Get some alcohol diluted of course and after polish on panel or section go over it with alcohol to ensure no micromarring.with the reflect set your speed on 4 with slow overlapping passes .

GSKR
04-01-2017, 07:48 AM
Ditch all that otherstuff and go with sonax.

dlc95
04-01-2017, 09:55 AM
With your products, you can try ZAIO and a white pad to start. If not enough cut then try white pad and the Finishing Glaze. If still not enough cut then you could try the orange pad and the Finishing Glaze or white pad and the Total Swirl Remover. If still not enough cut then try orange pad and Total Swirl Remover.

I also agree with this.

If you need something with heavier cut, you can always pick up some Ultimate Compound.

AeroCleanse
04-01-2017, 01:06 PM
Try Sonax even though I have all of the products listed above?

Yes, Sonax Perfect Finish is a better product.

sawacs
04-01-2017, 01:28 PM

Debailey, that is exactly what I was looking for: what baby steps, per say, to start off with and work towards a more aggressive approach if needed.. Thank you!

Eldorado2k, thank you for tip on using the clay bar before the machine polisher!

To everyone else, I do appreciate the advice but I am trying to stay within the products I currently have on hand.

Cheers!

Shawn

AeroCleanse
04-01-2017, 05:45 PM
You can never have to many products on hand Shawn :)

sawacs
04-01-2017, 08:11 PM
You can never have to many products on hand Shawn :)

That is so true!:xyxthumbs:

Cheers!

wing commander
04-01-2017, 10:31 PM
I would go straight to orange pad and total swirl remover after clay for a test section first. If that works it is still very gentle and made just for that purpose. If that proves ineffective then go for the Sonax since you said you wanted to use what you have on hand first.

sawacs
04-05-2017, 02:01 AM
I would go straight to orange pad and total swirl remover after clay for a test section first. If that works it is still very gentle and made just for that purpose. If that proves ineffective then go for the Sonax since you said you wanted to use what you have on hand first.

I plan on using the tailgate on my F150 as a test panel to get the process down: it has plenty of 10 year old swirls to practice on:)

Much appreciated