PDA

View Full Version : lake country hdo pads confusion

fightnews
03-31-2017, 04:03 PM
So they say the red pad is for waxing then they describe it as having "very little cut"

Then they say the black pad is for finishing and describe it as having "no cut at all"

so i think they have it backwards and the black is for wax and the red for finishing.

So what is the actual order here? the wax pad is the one that should have no cut

Kamakaz1961
03-31-2017, 04:25 PM
I just Bought a 6-Pack and hopefully I can help you. The Orange Pad is a Medium Cut or for Compounding (Menzerna FG400 or equivalent).
The White Pad is for Polishing (Menzerna SF4500 or equivalent).
The Black, Red and even the Gold are very similar. These are the LSP or Wax and Sealant application.
I PREFER the Red and Gold because I can usually use one color Pad for sealant and the other color pad for wax. All 3 of these pads have no cut. IMO these pads are just what your prefer to use.
Again, I could use the Black Pad (I have a few of them too), but I like the Red and Gold Pad as I mentioned before.

dlc95
03-31-2017, 04:36 PM
I've seen them listed with the black being a fine finishing, and red sealant/wax.

WRAPT C5Z06
03-31-2017, 05:26 PM
Backwards.

fightnews
04-01-2017, 03:21 AM
I just Bought a 6-Pack and hopefully I can help you. The Orange Pad is a Medium Cut or for Compounding (Menzerna FG400 or equivalent).
The White Pad is for Polishing (Menzerna SF4500 or equivalent).
The Black, Red and even the Gold are very similar. These are the LSP or Wax and Sealant application.
I PREFER the Red and Gold because I can usually use one color Pad for sealant and the other color pad for wax. All 3 of these pads have no cut. IMO these pads are just what your prefer to use.
Again, I could use the Black Pad (I have a few of them too), but I like the Red and Gold Pad as I mentioned before.

we are talking about the hdo pads bro not the hybrids

fightnews
04-01-2017, 03:23 AM
I've seen them listed with the black being a fine finishing, and red sealant/wax.

here they are listed opposite, this site says the black has zero cut and the red has "very little cut"

fightnews
04-01-2017, 03:23 AM
Backwards.

thanks i figured that

fightnews
04-01-2017, 03:50 AM
Ok i have some information to share, we do have it backwards here. the black is the finishing pad with little cut and the red is the waxing pad. here are the data sheets right from lake country

http://www.lakecountrymfg.com/files/techdocs/hdo-pads.pdf

Eldorado2k
04-01-2017, 04:34 AM
This is all screwed up, I'm confused now. I'll just stick to my batch of HD Orbitals. It's not even clear how these are supposed to be improved over the previous ones... The microfiber pad looks interesting, but I'd like to see it compared to the Griots Boss Microfiber pads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fightnews
04-01-2017, 05:33 AM
This is all screwed up, I'm confused now. I'll just stick to my batch of HD Orbitals. It's not even clear how these are supposed to be improved over the previous ones... The microfiber pad looks interesting, but I'd like to see it compared to the Griots Boss Microfiber pads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i know i agree but you gotta go with the data sheets i say. I was looking at the microfiber pad to but i dont need a heavy cut pad. I ended up going with the lc microfiber polishing pad.

Im just buying one of these hdo red pads because griots boss pads dont have anything for waxing in their set that i already have.

dlc95
04-01-2017, 07:05 AM
here they are listed opposite, this site says the black has zero cut and the red has "very little cut"

I've seen them listed elsewhere.