PDA

View Full Version : Meguiar's DA and Wolfgang Sealant

NickGT
03-31-2017, 05:35 AM
I ordered Meguiar's DA and their 6 and 5 inch kits in hopes of having some fun correcting our cars this weekend. I was hoping to use Wolfgang sealant 3.0 after I finish but now that the products have arrived I've realized the Meguiar's process is a 2 step with wax as the finish. The meguiar's wax supposedly has mirco polishing but I don't think I want to wax anything if I'm planning on sealing it first, right? Is it okay to use Meguiar's DA300 correcting compound with their cutting disc and then just finish with wolfganag sealant or should I have a step after the correcting compound? I have some mirror glaze swirl remover handy, should I run that on a finishing pad first?

dlc95
03-31-2017, 06:52 AM
I ordered Meguiar's DA and their 6 and 5 inch kits in hopes of having some fun correcting our cars this weekend. I was hoping to use Wolfgang sealant 3.0 after I finish but now that the products have arrived I've realized the Meguiar's process is a 2 step with wax as the finish. The meguiar's wax supposedly has mirco polishing but I don't think I want to wax anything if I'm planning on sealing it first, right? Is it okay to use Meguiar's DA300 correcting compound with their cutting disc and then just finish with wolfganag sealant or should I have a step after the correcting compound? I have some mirror glaze swirl remover handy, should I run that on a finishing pad first?

Many people use the cutting part of the system, and follow with a finishing polish on foam polishing pads, and follow with their choice of protection.

You probably have Meguiar's M09 Swirl Remover 2.0. It would be fine to use that after the compounding step, and follow with your sealant.

The Guz
03-31-2017, 10:16 AM

You are correct. The wax on the microfiber pad would probably impact the sealant. You can however top the finishing wax with wolfgang as another option.

The other option is to do what was previously mentioned and get a foam pad and polish to follow up D300. D300 can finish to the point where a wax or sealant can be applied after. But that depends on how hard or soft the paint is.

NickGT
04-03-2017, 06:21 AM
Thanks for the advice! I wound up getting some D302 and using that prior to sealing. The results are pretty good imho.