PDA

View Full Version : Lake Country HDO Foam Pads

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

Eldorado2k
04-13-2017, 12:13 AM
Another thing I can't help but notice: This new Lake Country Microfiber pad is white. That's great. The Griots Boss Microfiber pad is black... I dunno about you, but why would I want a microfiber pad to be black instead of white? Wouldn't white be much better, that way you can easily see how much residue has accumulated in the pad and gauge if it's time to switch to another pad? Don't the black fibers prevent the user from being able to really tell if the pad is 100% clean?

Makes me want to choose these microfiber pads.

Just like choosing a black colored microfiber for any paint duties, why would you want a black towel if you can't even see if it's accidentally gotten soiled during use. Or am I wrong?

DBAILEY
04-13-2017, 03:15 AM
I would think it would be easier to see how clean a black MF pad is than a white MF one. Most polishes and spent CC would be whitish in color.

Mike@ShineStruck
04-13-2017, 08:29 AM
Shouldn't really matter as you shoild be cleaning your pad often anyways.

dschia
04-14-2017, 11:21 AM
Another thing I can't help but notice: This new Lake Country Microfiber pad is white. That's great. The Griots Boss Microfiber pad is black... I dunno about you, but why would I want a microfiber pad to be black instead of white? Wouldn't white be much better, that way you can easily see how much residue has accumulated in the pad and gauge if it's time to switch to another pad? Don't the black fibers prevent the user from being able to really tell if the pad is 100% clean?

Makes me want to choose these microfiber pads.

Just like choosing a black colored microfiber for any paint duties, why would you want a black towel if you can't even see if it's accidentally gotten soiled during use. Or am I wrong?

Absolutely agree. Although I am not a fan of MF pad as I preferred wool. Having said that, I dont understand the reason of using a black mf in a pad too. Perhaps its raw material limitation or some other reason.

Cruzscarwash
04-14-2017, 06:29 PM
Whites good for seeing paint transfer but I like the black to see the built up polish, it's easy to see on the black pads imo.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Todd@RUPES
04-14-2017, 06:40 PM
"Lake Country HDO 5.5 Inch Foam Pads

Lake Country 5.5 Inch HDO Foam Pads were designed for use with the Griot's Garage BOSS G15 Long-Throw Orbital Polisher, or other similar long throw polishers. The face of the Lake Country 5.5 inch HDO Foam Pad is 5.5 inches with a 5 inch backing. A 5 inch backing plate is recommended for best results."

Pettiness knows no bounds. Here is what it really says :

Lake Country 5.5 Inch HDO Foam Pads were designed for use with the Rupes LHR 15ES Big Foot Random Orbital Polisher, the Griot's Garage BOSS G15 Long-Throw Orbital Polisher, or other similar long throw polishers. The face of the Lake Country 5.5 inch HDO Foam Pad is 5.5 inches with a 5 inch backing. A 5 inch backing plate is recommended for best results.

VISITOR
04-14-2017, 07:02 PM
I just realized they've made these smaller than before... 5.5"&6.5" instead of 6"&7"
Man, I'm glad I was able to buy a good batch of the old full size HD Orbitals :)

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170405/e6d976029cbe7fa908989933462e0f18.jpg

nice stash :)

Joel1979
01-14-2018, 04:04 PM
How does these stack compared to Rupes foam pads. I love Rupes white and yellow and i compound with wool and microfiber so i need something between them and Rupes green/blue are not my favourites. Blue hdo is close to green Rupes and orange is like yellow?

Ronin47
01-14-2018, 05:07 PM
How does these stack compared to Rupes foam pads. I love Rupes white and yellow and i compound with wool and microfiber so i need something between them and Rupes green/blue are not my favourites. Blue hdo is close to green Rupes and orange is like yellow?

The HDO foams are pretty mild, try the BnS Low Pro Green, Orange or Meguiars Maroon DFC5 instead.

Joel1979
01-14-2018, 05:18 PM
Not as mild as yellow Rupes? How about uro-tech maroon? I might try Meguairs Maroon how do you stack it compared to Rupes?

Ronin47
01-14-2018, 05:26 PM
Not as mild as yellow Rupes? How about uro-tech maroon? I might try Meguairs Maroon how do you stack it compared to Rupes?

Meguiars maroon is one of the best foam pads on the market.

Joel1979
01-14-2018, 05:32 PM
No 3" though :/

RZJZA80
01-14-2018, 07:09 PM
Any reason to use these instead of BOSS pads?

Joel1979
01-14-2018, 07:15 PM
I cant get Boss pads from Europe if you meant me?

RZJZA80
01-14-2018, 07:17 PM
I mean in general. BOSS pads are very good, so any reason to even try these over BOSS pads?