PDA

View Full Version : D143?

DogRescuer
03-28-2017, 04:51 PM
For those of you who use this do you dilute it and to what ratio? Feel free to say why you like please.

osiapstndp
03-28-2017, 06:05 PM
I dilute at 1:2 and use it liberally on wheels, tires and wheels wells. Lately rinseless washing with McKee's N-914 at 1:32 and 1:256 (along with Tire and Rubber Rejuvenator) gets a lot of my attention for wheelwork, but it isn't as effective against built-up brake dust and dirt, especially for wheel barrels.

D143 at 1:2 has never left me wanting to use a 1:1 dilution. If a wheel is so bad that something stronger is needed I will cautiously use D140 at 1:4, but that hasn't been necessary for me in almost a year.

D143 is great!

RobThom
03-28-2017, 06:27 PM
I maintain three personal cars. On the two older wheels I use a 1:2. They haven't always had the best pads and the barrels were baked on. Keeps the face very clean and the barrels as good as a non-acid base product is going to. On the newer car I use a 1:3 and it keeps a well maintain wheel looking new with very little effort.

JRP
03-28-2017, 07:07 PM
I use 2:1 one wheel/tire at a time. This is a great Meguiars product and super priced.

I just ordered another gallon during recent AGO 25% promotion.

1 gallon D143 is 3 gallon of safe effective cleaning.

derass
03-28-2017, 09:18 PM
Just bought some as well and it should be here soon. 2 things sold me. First, is that it cleans tires as well. That means I just have to spray one product in that area. Secondly, a Meg's rep stated on MOL that D143 is similar to Hot Rims All Wheel Cleaner. That's what I was using before and was quite happy with it. So getting it in bulk is even better. I was considering D140 Wheel Brightener, but it's too much of a risk to my health and vehicle for my liking. I wash my own vehicles, so the wheels never get that bad.