PDA

View Full Version : Tire and trim sealant

Pimpmobile
03-28-2017, 09:38 AM
Is this a good product to condition window stripping as well as the plastic right between the windshield and hood of vehicle. On the description it claims not to run off in rain which has happened with other products I have used and is a PITA to clean up.

lane5515
03-28-2017, 09:45 AM
Is this a good product to condition window stripping as well as the plastic right between the windshield and hood of vehicle. On the description it claims not to run off in rain which has happened with other products I have used and is a PITA to clean up.

What product are you looking at? I use Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant (WETS) on black plastics and it works great - no rain run off. The water beads up and rolls off just like rain on sealed paint.

Pimpmobile
03-28-2017, 11:35 AM
I was referring to black fire tire and trim

Mantilgh
03-28-2017, 11:54 AM
I haven't tried the BlackFire one but I'd imagine if it's like the other PMBG ones I've tried then it shouldn't streak.

Hopefully someone that uses it will chim in.

Is the trim faded at all?

Automoglow
03-28-2017, 11:58 AM

For me proper cleaning of the trim/tire prior and also wiping off excess with help the run off problem. may need to more cure time before it gets wet.
Just got me some WETS, but haven't used it yet... reviews on here are great tho!