PDA

View Full Version : School me on extractors

Coopers ST
03-28-2017, 08:52 AM
Hey everyone,
i think it is time I got an extractor. Right now I am using Folex and Wolfgang upholstery cleaner and and brush, then blotting with a towel and using my shop vac. So, it's time for an extractor. I don't want to spend $1000 on one, really don't want to spend $500 either. What should I look for, stay away from, features that are a must?

thanks
Brad

Setec Astronomy
03-28-2017, 09:00 AM
Ha ha...why do you think you need one if you don't think it's worth the money?

You can buy one of the little home machines, like a Bissell Little Green Clean Machine (I don't think they call it that anymore), but they are really toys that aren't going to hold up in a professional setting.

I see Mytee has rejiggered their product line again Mytee Hot Water Extractors, carpet cleaning machines, carpet shampooers, carpet cleaner, carpet cleaning equipment, best carpet cleaning machine, (http://www.autogeek.net/mytee-hot-water-extractors.html)

I haven't studied the changes, but it looks like they've added heat to the Tempo and made that the new entry-level (heated) machine, while jacking up the prices on the larger models. For me it's not worth getting an extractor if it doesn't have heat. Mytee has kind of a mixed review record here, particularly the Lite...it seems the people that use it hard have a lot of trouble with it, and the people that use it occasionally don't. Not sure where the heated Tempo is going to fall in with that.

AeroCleanse
03-28-2017, 02:20 PM
Forget the extractor and use a Tornador Black.

craigdt
03-28-2017, 03:22 PM
I got a Bissell Little Green Pro Heat that I had wanted for years and it really is just a poor combination of a heater, spray bottle and vacuum.

It's basically more effective to spray your chems by hand and just use a shop vac to suck it dry.

My $.02

CarolinasFinestDetailing
03-28-2017, 03:24 PM
If you're not willing to spend close that on a heated extractor, then buy a steamer. It will not take the place of a good extractor however.