PDA

View Full Version : Leather care: Using Wolfgang cleaner with Pinnacle protectant

vaced
03-27-2017, 10:48 PM
Hi,

What are the opinions on using a Wolfgang leather cleaner with Pinnacle protectant? (specifically "Wolfgang Leather Care Cleaner" with "Pinnacle Black Label Leather and Vinyl Coating")

I figure theres not issue with this, but would I be foregoing some benefits of using just one of the brands for both cleaning and conditioning?

I used Wolfgang cleaner and conditioner in the past, and was happy with it, but as I recall the conditioner is like a cream, and I wish to move away from that. Also, I'm not so much looking for a conditioner to use after cleaning as I would like some kind of UV protectant coating. Thus Pinnacle seems like it would suit my purposes well.

Regarding using Pinnacle black label hide cleaner with the coating follow up... I'm not against trying that, but I liked the smell of the Wolfgang leather cleaner quite a bit.

Or, alternatively, is there anything else that you guys would recommend for giving leather some added UV protection (Aside from parking a car indoors haha).

Thanks.

Edit: I realize there is another thread about the same thing, from 2009, but I do not see an answer there.

socalwdup
05-29-2018, 07:36 AM
Hi,

What are the opinions on using a Wolfgang leather cleaner with Pinnacle protectant? (specifically "Wolfgang Leather Care Cleaner" with "Pinnacle Black Label Leather and Vinyl Coating")

I figure theres not issue with this, but would I be foregoing some benefits of using just one of the brands for both cleaning and conditioning?

I used Wolfgang cleaner and conditioner in the past, and was happy with it, but as I recall the conditioner is like a cream, and I wish to move away from that. Also, I'm not so much looking for a conditioner to use after cleaning as I would like some kind of UV protectant coating. Thus Pinnacle seems like it would suit my purposes well.

Regarding using Pinnacle black label hide cleaner with the coating follow up... I'm not against trying that, but I liked the smell of the Wolfgang leather cleaner quite a bit.

Or, alternatively, is there anything else that you guys would recommend for giving leather some added UV protection (Aside from parking a car indoors haha).

Thanks.

Edit: I realize there is another thread about the same thing, from 2009, but I do not see an answer there.

Please do not use the Pinnacle leather cleaner (non black label version). Ever since they changed the formula, it has a nasty old man smell and I cannot recommend it.

Mike Phillips
05-29-2018, 08:37 AM
Please do not use the Pinnacle leather cleaner (non black label version).

Ever since they changed the formula, it has a nasty old man smell and I cannot recommend it.

I'll have to check into this as I used this product recently and don't remember any foul scent?

I do use the Pinnacle Black Label Leather & Vinyl Coating and love this product.

:)

acuRAS82
05-29-2018, 09:16 AM
I don’t see any issues using Wolfgang to clean and then PBL Leather coating. Clean is clean. There’s no special substance in the cleaner that should cause issues to the coating bonding. Note that the Wolfgang conditioner does have UV inhibitors in it, but I would imagine the PBL coating has much greater protection and longevity, which seems to be what you want.