PDA

View Full Version : Polish Recommendation

Pages : [1] 2

Deep18
03-26-2017, 10:20 AM
Ok here`s the deal. I`m going to be purchasing a new car in a few months. It`s going to be black (metallic). Which polish would be your choice for the final step before coating between....

Polish Angel Master Final Polish II
Sonax Perfect Finish
CarPro Reflect

I`m sure there will be some minor things that need to be corrected and I want to bring out the most gloss I can before applying CSL and EXO V3.

If there`s another polish that I should be considering let me know but I pretty much have narrowed it down to those three.

Thanks for for the knowledge!

MikeC78
03-26-2017, 10:38 AM
Those are all great, I'd also look into CarPro Essence as well.

Good thing about Essence, it's made to be use as a "primer" before a coating and can save you time.

lane5515
03-26-2017, 10:58 AM
Ok here`s the deal. I`m going to be purchasing a new car in a few months. It`s going to be black (metallic). Which polish would be your choice for the final step before coating between....

Polish Angel Master Final Polish II
Sonax Perfect Finish
CarPro Reflect

I`m sure there will be some minor things that need to be corrected and I want to bring out the most gloss I can before applying CSL and EXO V3.

If there`s another polish that I should be considering let me know but I pretty much have narrowed it down to those three.

Thanks for for the knowledge!

CarPro Reflect is a fantastic finishing polish but it has a very short cycle time so if you overwork the polish it can be frustrating. If you go with Reflect Zach McGovern has written an excellent review with instructions on how to use it. I use Reflect and Essence most of the time as my finishing polish.

TTQ B4U
03-26-2017, 11:31 AM
Those are all great, I'd also look into CarPro Essence as well.
Good thing about Essence, it's made to be use as a "primer" before a coating and can save you time.

^^ this. It's my go-to prep for coatings.

Heisenberg
03-26-2017, 11:59 AM
Third recommendation for Essence. Uses the same abrasives as Reflect. Produces outstanding results.

Automoglow
03-27-2017, 11:55 AM
What about HD Speed?

MikeC78
03-27-2017, 01:01 PM
HD speed would be a no-go prior to a coating. It's an AIO and has a sealant/wax in it.

briarpatch
03-27-2017, 01:52 PM
Meguiars Ultimate Polish

Billy Baldone
03-27-2017, 02:43 PM
HD polish plus is my go to polish for just about everything. It's crazy affordable and finishes out great

WRAPT C5Z06
03-27-2017, 03:15 PM
What kind of car and color?

dlc95
03-27-2017, 03:17 PM
M205 or Ultimate Polish

Since I really started using them with the Lake Country Tangerine Hydrotech pad, I've been getting intense gloss from them. Slightly edging out my normal blue Buff and Shine pad. The Tangerine Hydro competes with the level of gloss I get with the yellow/yellow Rupes combination.

WRAPT C5Z06
03-27-2017, 03:18 PM
M205 or Ultimate Polish

Since I really started using them with the Lake Country Tangerine Hydrotech pad, I've been getting intense gloss from them. Slightly edging out my normal blue Buff and Shine pad. The Tangerine Hydro competes with the level of gloss I get with the yellow/yellow Rupes combination.
Slightly more gloss as in less haze? I just picked up some orange, green, and blue B&S regular flat pads and LOVE them!

Kamakaz1961
03-27-2017, 03:23 PM
I am a Polish Angel Fanboy and their Compound and Polish are good. That being said; I do believe there are better. IMO their waxes and Glasscoat are unbeatable. But from 1st hand experience, their compound and polish are not as good as Menzerna's FG400 and SF4500 (I think it's 3800). The 3M Ultra fine is great too. As for the other 2 you have mentioned I am not too familiar with them.

The price point for the Polish Angel Products are on the high end.

Desertnate
03-27-2017, 03:47 PM
What kind of car and color?

This is the most important question here if I was to give any advice.

The polish I use on my Toyota's crimson metallic paint is not the same product I would use on my black metallic VW. I think we're all assuming the OP has a DA, yet we don't know the pads which will be used either.

dlc95
03-27-2017, 03:51 PM
Slightly more gloss as in less haze? I just picked up some orange, green, and blue B&S regular flat pads and LOVE them!

Where I normally have great gloss with the blue B&S pad, the Tangerine pad give a melting ice cube effect to the paint.

Those pads are nice though, aren't they!?

Pretty durable too.